This is my very last Valentines post for the year. I’m sad, but a little happy at the same time. I’ve gained too much weight eating all of the fun recipes that I’ve made to help celebrate the big day. I had a little inspiration for this one thanks to Ghirardelli and my upcoming camping series (hint hint). I grabbed some of their 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips and used them to create the most amazing and decedent s’mores French macarons!
- 1 batch of almond macarons*
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- For the chocolate ganache: Heat the heavy cream until just boiling. While that is warming pour the baking chips into a glass bowl. Pour the cream over the chocolates and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth and allow to slightly set up (5-10 minutes).
- For the frosting: Whip the butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the powdered sugar and vanilla until combined. Add the marshmallow fluff and mix until incorporated.
- Match your macaron cookies with fitting sized partners. Spread the marshmallow frosting on one side. Dab a bit of chocolate ganache on the other. Gently press together and serve.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.