These Fudgy S’mores Brownies are the flavor combination you never knew you needed! Thick fudgy brownies are topped with toasted marshmallows and graham cracker pieces for the perfect summer treat!
Pick up an extra boxed brownie mix so you can try my 2-Ingredient Mug Brownies! A fan favorite and the perfect quick sweet tooth fix!
- Box Mix Hack: Using a box mix makes these super simple to whip up!
- Easy to Customize: Use more or less marshmallows on top, swap the grahams for Golden Graham cereal pieces, OR add dollops of peanut butter!
- Winning Flavor Combination: Rated number one brownie at our family bake-off!
I seriously considered making these brownies from scratch, but LOVE a good baking hack and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to spice up a box mix. Let me tell you, they are AMAZING! And no one will even know you cheated the system!
If you’re a fan of smore’s you will love these layered s’mores brownies. Thick, fudgy brownie topped with toasted marshmallow, graham cracker pieces, and melted chocolate chips… What is not to love?
MARSHMALLOW BROWNIE INGREDIENTS
Be sure to see the recipe card below for full ingredients & instructions.
The S’mores flavor was originally made famous by the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of america as a campfire treat that is so delicious that everyone wants “some more.” The classic flavors of toasted marshmallow, melted chocolate, and buttery graham cracker are a match made in heaven. We cannot get enough of the combo and these brownies land fairly high at the top of our favorites.
- Box of Brownie Mix: Plus all of the ingredients called for on the box.
- Mini Marshmallows: You could always use large marshmallows. Just cut them into 1/4’s before adding to the top of your brownies.
- Graham Crackers: OR Golden Graham cereal.
- Chocolate Chips: We like semi sweet, but milk chocolate will work too.
HOW TO MAKE S’MORES BROWNIES FROM A BOX MIX
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9×13 pan with baking spray. Gather ingredients and cut the graham crackers into 1 inch pieces.
- MIX: Mix the brownie batter according to the package directions.
- BAKE: Pour into the prepared pan and bake according to the box, subtracting 5 minutes from the baking time.
- TOP: Carefully remove the brownies from the oven. Sprinkle with the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces.
- BAKE TWICE: Bake an additional five minutes, or until the marshmallows are lightly toasted and the chocolate pieces are melted.
- Baking Pans: For these brownies, I use a 9×13 pan (affiliate). The thinner brownie layer is the perfect amount of chocolate and a firm base to hold all of the toppings.
- Brownie Knife: Did you know that a plastic knife (affiliate) is actually best for brownies? I don’t know what kind of magic happens, but almost zero brownie sticks to the plastic!
- Airtight Containers: Keep your brownies fresh longer with a quality container (affiliate). This set is my go-to for brownies, cakes, and cookies.
BROWNIE RECIPE TIPS
Of course! I have an amazing brownie recipe that would serve as an excellent base to this recipe. I like a box mix for ease, but nothing beats from scratch.
These brownies should be stored covered at room temperature. If stored properly, they should last 4 to 5 days. Although, by day 5 the marshmallows will start to stale a bit.
No. Unfortunately, these brownies are not freezer friendly due to the toppings.
Yep! To make s’mores brownie bites, generously mist a mini muffin tin with baking spray. Spoon the batter into each cup almost to the top. Bake 5-6 minutes, or until they are almost baked fully, add toppings, and bake 5 minutes more.
MORE MUST-TRY SMORE DESSERTS
- S’more Cupcakes
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cereal Treats
- S’mores Cookies
- Air Fryer S’more Recipe
- Homemade Marshmallows
- DIY S’more Bar
MORE MUST-TRY BROWNIES
- Nutella Brownies
- Snickerdoodle Blondies
- Classic Brownies
- Salted Brownie Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Cosmic Brownie Recipe
Easy S’mores Brownies
- 1 21.5oz box brownie mix + any ingredients called on the box
- 6 graham cracker rectangles cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 5 Hershey bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9×13 baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Mix the brownie better according to the box.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for the time called for on the box, minus 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker pieces.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are toasted.