Are you ready for the most amazing, and some what healthy, snack?
If you’ve been reading One Sweet Appetite from the beginning you should remember that I have a slight love for drying fruit in the oven. Remember my dried apricots? I decided to play around with a few more of our favorite fruits, and stumbled into a recipe I just had to share.
Baked apple slices are not new to the blogging world, but are new to our home. I sliced up a few of our favorite brand and sprinkled with a little cinnamon and sugar. They made our house smell amazing while they were baking. Like apple pies without all of the hard work!
- 2-3 of your favorite apples
- 2 t. sugar
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Slice your apples using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer. You want them fairly thin. Place in a single layer on your two prepared baking sheets.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over your apples.
- Bake for one hour. Remove from the oven and flip. Turn the heat down to 170 degrees and put them back in for another hour.
- Turn your oven off and let them sit in there for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
I love that these are a better snack option for my four year old. It was a challenge to get him to try one, but once he did he was in love.
Keep them stored in an air tight container or Ziploc for a nice fresh crispness.
We’re searching for some great kid friendly snacks… Any suggestions?