Whip up this incredibly simple Five Minute Strawberry Dessert for any spring or summer celebration! Fresh strawberries and ladyfingers combine to make this a no-fail dessert recipe.
Searching for more strawberry favorites? Give my Strawberry Icebox Cake, Starbucks Strawberry Frappuccino Recipe, Jello Strawberry Cheesecakes, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe a try. All must-makes and family approved.
This recipe was originally published April 11, 2018. It has since been updated to include fresh photos and helpful tips.
- Quick and Easy: This recipe takes less than five minutes from start to finish.
- No-Bake: Perfect way to whip up a delicious dessert without turning on the oven.
- Make-Ahead: Make in advance and have it ready to go whenever you are ready to serve.
I am a fixer. When I see a problem I roll up my sleeves and find a solution. Today’s problem? I need a quick and delicious dessert recipe for a picnic.
Enter this stellar recipe. It is SO quick to put together, has minimal ingredients, and tastes amazing. It even got two thumbs up from my picky 10 year old, which is really saying something! Since it doesn’t really fall into the cake category… I like to classify this as an easy strawberry desserts with few ingredients!
The best way to describe this would be a strawberry flavored tiramisu. In place of coffee I used a sweet danish jello type of dessert. It soaks into the soft ladyfingers and when combined with cool whip and fresh berries you are left with a light and refreshing sweet treat! I dare say, it is the EASIEST dessert recipe I have ever made.
Want another super quick no bake treat? Be sure to try my Strawberries Stuffed With Cheesecake!
HOW DO YOU MAKE THE EASIEST DESSERT RECIPE OF ALL TIME?
You keep things simple. I chose to stick with 5 basic ingredients that when blended together make something amazing. That is a big promise, isn’t it? The good news is that this five minute strawberry dessert really delivers. It will easily become one of your go-to treats for every occasion.
INGREDIENTS FOR AN EASY COLD STRAWBERRY DESSERT
The ingredient list for this no-bake strawberry cake is short, which makes it all the more appealing. With 4 simple ingredients, and 5 minutes of your time, you are well on your way to a delicious treat that everyone will love. It’s also the perfect answer to what to do with lots of fresh strawberries. Here’s what you need:
- Lady Fingers: You can find these in the bakery section of most local grocers and sometimes the cookie aisle.
- Junket Danish Dessert (affiliate) (or found by the Jello): This is NOT Jell-O. It’s more like a strawberry sauce.
- Whipped Topping: I like to use thawed cool whip. However, this recipe would be delicious with fresh whipped cream too.
- Fresh Strawberries: Wash, dry and dice strawberries. Looking for a flavor change? Try with raspberries!
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY STRAWBERRY DESSERT
I am always asked for the recipe. When I let them in on the secret of how simple this dessert truly is, everyone is amazed. I think the beautiful finish packs a big punch. Everyone seems to gravitate towards it on the dessert table.
I mean, that very well could be because I live in Utah and Jello is apparently a big thing here?? Who knew.
- PREP: Open the ladyfingers and split in half. Layer into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- MIX: Whisk together the strawberry junket with the water. Bring to a boil and allow the mixture to cook for one minute. Let it slightly cool, roughly 3-5 minutes.
- LAYER: Stir in the berries and spread over the top of the layer of cookies. Chill at least 2 hours. Spread with the whipped topping and remaining strawberries just before serving.
- The longer it sits in the fridge the better. The flavors seem to blend together in the most beautiful way. You will have to hold back from over indulging.
- You can make this treat up to 2 days in advance! Wait to add the cool whip and decorative berries until serving.
- Danish Junket comes in other flavors too! Try this with fresh raspberries.
MORE MUST-TRY STRAWBERRY RECIPES
- Best Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Whipped Cream with Fresh Strawberries
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- IHOP Copycat Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast
- Strawberry and Cream Milkshake
- Homemade Strawberry Fruit Roll Up Recipe
- Strawberry Cupcakes (Doctored Cake Mix)
- Made From Scratch Strawberry Shortcake!
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- 3 Ingredient Orange Cake
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
5 Minute Strawberry Dessert
- 6 oz ladyfingers split
- 1 packet strawberry Junket Danish Dessert
- 1-3/4 cup cold water
- 3 pints strawberries
- 1 8 oz carton Cool Whip thawed
- Layer your ladyfingers in a 9×13 pan. Set aside.
- In a medium pan combine the Strawberry Junket Danish Dessert with the water. Bring to a boil and cook one minute. Remove from the heat and slightly cool.
- Fold in 3/4 of the strawberries. Spoon over the top of the layered cookies.
- Chill 2-3 hours.
- Spread cool whip and top with remaining strawberries before serving. Enjoy.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
what can I use in place if the lady fingers? I c ant find them anywhere!!
Hi Elaine, unfortunately this one needs the lady fingers. Did you check the bakery at your local grocer? I know kroger (smiths) has them in the bakery and in the cookie section.
Lisa K Wagner says
Thanks for helping out, Lisa!
Hey there, is there anything you can substitute for the junket? I’ve been to three grocery stores and no one has it and I have all the other ingredients ready to go and I’m super excited to make this.
Hi Kiersten! You can try this recipe that I found. It looks like it would be the same profile.
Nancy Schmidt says
How long can you freeze it before it gets freezer burn flavor?
This recipe does not freeze well.
Hi! Is there a UK alternative to the junket?? I have never heard of this here…
Hi Nazmin, I reached out via a contact form on their website to ask. I’m not sure if it is sold in the UK, but I will keep you posted.
I did find a somewhat homemade version online where you combine 1 pkg Kool Aid (any flavor), 4 TBSP cornstarch, pinch of salt, ¾ cup sugar. I’m not sure how available kool aid is, or how comparable this homemade version is, but hopefully this will help.
Made this with koolaif and will never make it again unless I find Junket. I feel I distorted Plant City strawberries
Hi Joan, Kool Aid is not a substitute that would work in this recipe. You can find junket in most grocers next to the jell-o or in the baking aisle. Here’s a link to an online shop. https://amzn.to/3IgDNat
Wondering if I could use broken up pieces of sponge cake. I had a similar recipe using broken up pieces of sponge cake but have lost the recipe. Can anyone advise me. Thanks
That’s a great question, Mary. I’m not sure. I would think it could possibly work. Let us know if you try it!
I cannot wait to bring your 5 Mintue Strawberry Dessert camping as a dessert for family !! I think my husband and I will love it !!
PS Thank you for the tip of where to find
I hope you love it as much as we do!
Where do you buy junket, haven’t seen it in many years
Hi Sherry, I found Junket in the baking aisle at Walmart. It was hidden on the very top shelf with the Jello’s.
If you can’t find Junket, would regular jello suffice?
I haven’t tried it with jello. I found a forum where they suggested this substitute, but I have not tried it myself: 1 pkg Kool Aid (strawberry)
4 TBSP corn starch
pinch of salt
¾ cup sugar