These Apple Cider Floats are so easy and filled with delicious apple flavor. Made using simple ingredients and ready in minutes. The perfect way to celebrate fall.
- EASY Dessert Recipe: Ice cream floats are one of my favorites. They use only a handful of ingredients and take seconds to prepare!
- Customizable: Use warm apple cider, chilled sparkling cider, or add caramel topping!
- Family favorite: We have been making versions of this ice cream float recipe for years.
This fall ice cream float is perfect for that transitional time between summer and autumn. When it’s still warm outside but you are ready to bust out the flannel, wrap in a blanket, and watch the yellow leaves fall from the trees. The warm spiced cider is dreamy when a big scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream is added right on top.
This is one of the best ice cream floats. The cinnamon and spice of the cider paired with the creamy vanilla is a match made in heaven. You can heat the cider or serve it chilled. Both ways are equally delicious in different ways.
APPLE CIDER FLOATS INGREDIENTS
This would be such a fun addition to an ice cream float party ideas Pinterest board. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to have a slow cooker filled with warm cider and a bar of ice cream options? Here is what you need to make these easy caramel apple ice cream floats.
- Apple Cider: I mentioned briefly above, you can use a homemade cider, store bought, and even sparkling! Pick whichever sounds best to you. I recommend finding a local cider. There is nothing quite as delicious as a jug from local orchards. Fresh and delicious.
- Ice Cream: Try this first with vanilla ice cream. After that, branch out and try other spice flavors like cinnamon roll, chai, or churro!
- Toppings: Do you need extra toppings? Probably not. However, there are a few additions that make these extra fun! Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce, or a dust of cinnamon and sugar.
HOW TO MAKE FALL ICE CREAM FLOATS
This has got to be the easiest desert recipe. Perfect for parties or for little kitchen helpers. My son has been making floats for us since he was 4, and it is one of his favorite kitchen jobs. Here’s a quick breakdown of how simple this recipe is:
- PREP: Heat your cider according to the directions of the container or recipe.
- SCOOP: Scoop out rounds of ice cream and gently drop into a cider filled cup.
- TOPPINGS: Add a little whipped cream and drizzle of caramel syrup for a fun finish!
- ENJOY: Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Glasses: I’ve had my eye on these tall milkshake glasses (affiliate) for ages! They are soda shop worthy and perfect for any ice cream treat.
- Straws: I’m a big fan of reusable straws (affiliate). This set is wider which helps a thick milkshake make its way through the opening.
- Ice Cream Scoop: This cheap ice cream scoop (affiliate) has been in my kitchen for years. It has a sturdy handle and gives you perfectly round scoops, even through the most packed ice cream containers.
Yes! To make this into a sparkling cider float, simply replace the warmed apple cider with a chilled bottle of Martinelli’s.
There isn’t too much of a difference between an ice cream soda and an ice cream float. Ice cream sodas typically contain additional toppings, beyond the soda and ice cream, like syrups or creams.
Yes! I suggest trying cinnamon roll ice cream, churro ice cream, or chai ice cream (found at Trader Joes).
One of my favorite things about this fall float recipe is that you really can use other cider flavors to switch things up. Try caramel apple cider, pear cider or even hard ciders to mix things up.
Yes and no. You can scoop the ice cream into portion sizes and freeze individually, using a cupcake tray. This will save the hassle of scooping when serving. Especially handy if you plan to serve these at a party.
Warm Apple Cider Floats
- 2 cups apple cider warmed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce optional
- Divide the cider between two glasses or mugs.
- Scoop 1 cup of ice cream into the cider, one cup for each glass.
- Serve immediately, or top with whipped cream and caramel.