This Ravioli Bake Recipe has just 5 ingredients making it a weeknight dinner staple! Easy, delicious, and filling. A winning combination when it comes to a great dinner recipe.
Signs of a really awesome recipe:
- Tastes AMAZING.
- Minimal ingredients.
- Takes less than 10 minutes to put together.
This Ravioli Casserole has it all. It tastes great, only uses 5 ingredients, and takes a total of 10 minutes to put together!
- 5-Ingredient Dinner: Only FIVE ingredients means this is incredibly budget friendly and tasty!
- Make Ahead Recipe: Have a busy day ahead? Prep this and place it in the refrigerator before baking. Dinner is ready for the oven whenever you need it.
- Ultimate Comfort Food: Pasta, hearty meat sauce, and cheese. So good.
What You’ll Need:
Did I mention it is also a kid approved recipe? My 9 year old said it tastes exactly like my lasagna. Which also happens to be one of his all-time favorites.
I always love to get his approval. Especially on easy weeknight dinner ideas.
- Frozen ravioli: You can stick with the cheese filled OR skip the meat in the sauce and use a meat filled ravioli. The best is that you bake ravioli instead of boiling.
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- Cooked sausage or hamburger
- Spinach: Optional, but a great addition.
- Cheese: Mozzarella, Parmesan, or both!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Cook your sausage or hamburger. Mix with a little of your pasta sauce and spinach. Set it aside.
- Spread a small amount of pasta sauce into a pan. Layer ravioli in a single layer. It’s ok if they overlap a bit.
- Spread your sausage mixture right on top of the ravioli.
- Add another layer of ravioli.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake and enjoy.
TIP: We often cook a large batch of ground beef ahead of time and freeze it in individual servings. This saves even more time when you are assembling your meals!
Tips and FAQ’sL
Easy peasy, right?
You cannot mess this recipe up. It is so simple and a family approved meal! I did want to go over a few of the most commonly asked questions:
Can you substitute hamburger for sausage in a pasta bake recipe?
Of course! We have made this with ground beef, ground sausage, sausage links, and ground turkey. All seem to be just as delicious as the next.
How to make this ahead:
Consider making this ahead of time. On occasion, I have put this together the night before or the morning of. I store the pre assembled dish in the refrigerator and pull it out about 10 minutes before putting it into the oven. Cook it as directed and enjoy!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Lasagna Stuffed Shells
- Quick Lasagna Skillet
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Classic Lasagna
- Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Ranch Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 (24 ox) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup sausage or hamburger, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (25 oz) bag frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- Stir together 1 cup of the pasta sauce with the sausage and spinach. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist a 9 inch pan with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place ravioli in a single layer on top of the sauce. This should use about 1/3 of the package.
- Spread all of the meat mixture on top of the ravioli.
- Top with another layer of ravioli. Spread with 1/2 cup of sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat this layer.
- Cover your pasta with foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to back an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
We often cook a large batch of ground beef ahead of time and freeze it in individual servings. This saves even more time when you are assembling your meals!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 621mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g