This Ravioli Bake Recipe has just 5 ingredients making it a weeknight dinner staple! Easy, delicious, and filling. A winning combination when it comes to a great dinner recipe.
This Baked Ravioli Recipe is one really awesome recipe!
Signs of a really awesome recipe:
- Tastes AMAZING.
- Minimal ingredients.
- Takes less than 10 minutes to put together.
This Ravioli Casserole has it all. It tastes great, only uses 5 ingredients, and takes a total of 10 minutes to put together!
Ravioli Bake Recipe features
- 5-Ingredient Dinner: Only FIVE ingredients means this is incredibly budget friendly and tasty!
- Make Ahead Recipe: Have a busy day ahead? Prep this and place it in the refrigerator before baking. Dinner is ready for the oven whenever you need it.
- Ultimate Comfort Food: Pasta, hearty meat sauce, and cheese. So good.
Ravioli Casserole ingredients
Did I mention it is also a kid approved recipe? My 9 year old said it tastes exactly like my lasagna. Which also happens to be one of his all-time favorites.
I always love to get his approval. Especially on easy weeknight dinner ideas.
- Frozen ravioli: You can stick with the cheese filled OR skip the meat in the sauce and use a meat filled ravioli. The best is that you bake ravioli instead of boiling.
- Your favorite pasta sauce
- Cooked sausage or hamburger
- Spinach: Optional, but a great addition.
- Cheese: Mozzarella, Parmesan, or both!
Baked Ravioli Casserole variations and substitutions
This recipe could not be easier to customize! Here are a few of our favorite ways to spice things up and substitute ingredients:
- Sauce: While the recipe calls for a traditional marinara, you could easily swap this out for alfredo or even pesto!
- Proteins: I love a good red meat like ground beef or Italian sausage, however you could easily switch this out for shredded chicken or even shrimp, crab, or lobster!
- Vegetables: I am a big fan of sneaking in more veggies whenever I can. For this recipe I like to shake things up by adding roasted zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, or even eggplants! You could also add cherry tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes for more color and flavor!
Can you substitute hamburger for sausage in a pasta bake recipe?
Of course! We have made this with ground beef, ground sausage, sausage links, and ground turkey. All seem to be just as delicious as the next.
How to make Baked Ravioli
- Cook your sausage or hamburger. Mix with a little of your pasta sauce and spinach. Set it aside.
- Spread a small amount of pasta sauce into a pan. Layer ravioli in a single layer. It’s ok if they overlap a bit.
- Spread your sausage mixture right on top of the ravioli.
- Add another layer of ravioli.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake and enjoy.
TIP: We often cook a large batch of ground beef ahead of time and freeze it in individual servings. This saves even more time when you are assembling your meals!
How to make this ahead:
Consider making this ahead of time. On occasion, I have put this together the night before or the morning of. I store the pre assembled dish in the refrigerator and pull it out about 10 minutes before putting it into the oven. Cook it as directed and enjoy!
How to serve Ravioli Casserole
Once you have your casserole baked, serving is simple! Let it cool slightly, cut into portions, and spoon onto a plate. Add a sprinkle of Parmesan, fresh herbs, or a drizzle of olive oil for a little added flare. We like serving this with a side salad, garlic bread and steamed vegetables.
Baked Ravioli storage
Once the casserole has cooled completely you can transfer it into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When ready to eat you can heat in the microwave, covered with a paper towel to avoid splatter, for one to two minutes.
Ravioli Bake FAQs
No. For this recipe the noodles do not need to be cooked before adding into the casserole recipe. In fact, they can be put into the dish completely frozen! This is a huge time saver and the noodles cook as it bakes.
Easy peasy, right?
You cannot mess this recipe up. It is so simple and a family approved meal! I did want to go over a few of the most commonly asked questions:
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Lasagna Stuffed Shells
- Quick Lasagna Skillet
- Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
- Classic Lasagna
- Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Ranch Chicken Stuffed Shells
- Cheesy Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 24 ox jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup sausage or hamburger cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 25 oz bag frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese
- Stir together 1 cup of the pasta sauce with the sausage and spinach. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist a 9 inch pan with cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Place ravioli in a single layer on top of the sauce. This should use about 1/3 of the package.
- Spread all of the meat mixture on top of the ravioli.
- Top with another layer of ravioli. Spread with 1/2 cup of sauce and sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat this layer.
- Cover your pasta with foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to back an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbly.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Still hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!
Comments & Reviews
The ravioli goes in frozen?
Yes. No need to thaw.
Made this and loved it. It was so easy and perfect for a busy weeknight. My pasta loving family gobbled it up. We might try it again with tortellini and some added vegetables.
Glad you enjoyed this recipe as much as we did, Terry!