This easy Apple Cider Recipe takes basic cider and elevates it with the help of the perfect spice blend. Simmered to perfection and made in a crock pot. The perfect mulled cider recipe for all of your holiday gatherings.
- Quick and Easy Prep: This recipe is as easy at it comes.
- Slow Cooker Recipe: All of the ingredients blend together in a slow cooker.
- Easy to Customize: Adjust the spices to fit with your tastes!
THIS easy apple cider crockpot recipe is it. It is my new go-to for curing a case of the winter blues and has quickly become a favorite for my picky eight year old. Heating this all-day-long in a slow cooker is beyond genius. It takes less than five minutes to put together with minimal ingredients (WIN!) and is the perfect way to treat yourself.
The smell of apple spice with a hint of citrus fills every nook and cranny of our home making it impossible to escape. Curling up on the couch in your favorite flannel pajamas while sipping a glass is mandatory!
APPLE CIDER INGREDIENTS
The secret here is to use your favorite store bought cider or APPLE juice. We are going to kick it up a notch with the addition of a few flavorful spices and a dash of orange. I know, I know… It’s almost like a cheat recipe or kitchen hack. I promise it’s well worth it. Consider this an easy apple cider recipe– upgrade.
This recipe is amazing because it calls for minimal ingredients and little prep time.
- Cloves: Whole cloves. No need to grind. This aromatic spice adds a subtle sweetness and pairs amazingly with the remaining spices.
- Allspice: Allspice lends an almost pumpkin spice flavor the the drink that screams fall.
- Brown sugar: This ingredient is measured with your heart. I used the amount called for in the recipe based off of the sweetness inside the cider straight out of the bottle.
- Apple cider: Or apple juice. If you want a more bold flavor profile, use cider. For a toned down and more mild flavor reach for apple juice.
- Cinnamon sticks: Letting cinnamon sticks slow cook all day produces the most delicious results. Especially when paired with orange.
- Orange: A few slices bring the perfect citrus note.
Kitchen Tip: You can use this apple cider in my Apple Cider Sangria Recipe!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER APPLE CIDER
Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get things heated if you plan to take this to family parties this holiday season. You should heat on high for a minimum of two hours to give all of the flavors enough time to blend together. Switch things over to low (or the warm setting if you’ve got it) and let everyone enjoy a glass or two! Easy peasy.
- PREP: Combine the cloves and allspice into a coffee filter. Pull up the sides and tie closed with kitchen twine.
- MIX: Stir your cider and brown sugar in a large slow cooker. Add the spice filled coffee filter, cinnamon sticks, and orange slices.
- HEAT: Heat on high for two hours. Switch your slow cooker to the warm setting and enjoy!
For this recipe, I like to use Musselman’s apple cider. It comes in a big 1 gallon container, which makes it super simple to pour into the slow cooker. Really, you can use any variety. I like the simple flavor of this brand and it pairs amazingly well with the additional spices added during the cooking process.
The secret is to let this heat for at least two hours before serving. However, the longer it sits the better the flavor. Don’t be afraid to play around with the spices. You can easily add more for a stronger flavor or take some out for a little more mild version.
Searching for an apple cider cocktail? Try adding a little Rum or bourbon. You can use almost any variety for a delicious warm cocktail.
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 quarts apple cider
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange sliced
- Combine the cloves and allspice into a coffee filter. Pull up the sides and tie closed with kitchen twine.
- Stir your cider and brown sugar in a large slow cooker. Add the spice filled coffee filter, cinnamon sticks, and orange slices.
- Heat on high for two hours. Switch your slow cooker to the warm setting and enjoy!