This tried and true Homemade Vanilla Cupcake recipe is light and moist making them the perfect base for any frosting! Easy to make and a classic flavor!
Having a good base cake recipe is vital for any baker.
You should have a good chocolate, devil’s food cake, yellow cake, and vanilla cake recipe.
These base cakes are ideal for when you need to get extra creative and out of the box (think cookies and cream cake).
Which brings me to this recipe. It is simply the very best vanilla cupcake.
Homemade Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
The tern “vanilla” is often used to describe something that is bland or flavorless. THIS recipe couldn’t be farther from that description!
These cupcakes are so light and moist with a bold flavor. Having both vanilla bean and vanilla extract help to make things really pop.
Top things off with a sweet vanilla buttercream and you have got yourself one decadent treat!
How to keep cupcakes moist:
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting or storing in a container.
- Once cooled, store in an air tight container and not open on the counter.
- Do not store cupcakes in the refrigerator unless your room is above 70 degrees.
How long do cupcakes last?
Homemade cupcakes are best if eaten within 2-3 days. Technically, they will last longer in the refrigerator but you run the risk of them becoming stale.
Tips to make the BEST cupcakes:
- Be sure you use quality ingredients. Do not skimp on the vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract (always use pure NOT imitation), and BUTTER. Flour, baking soda and powder are always ok as “off brand.”
- It is so important that you use room temperature ingredients. This ensures even mixing and a perfect batter.
- Do not over mix your batter. I like to keep my mixer on low/medium speed. This keeps the butter from overheating and the ingredients incorporate evenly.
- Use a scoop for even cupcake sizes. This isn’t necessary but does make it super simple to keep your cupcakes even.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 3-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup butter
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
Combine the sugar and vanilla paste in the bowl of an electric mixer. Stir until fragrant. Add the butter, eggs, yogurt, oil, and extract.
In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Fold into your wet ingredients along with the milk.
Fill your paper liners half full. Bake for 14 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Whisk together all of your ingredients until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
Pin for later: