This Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte recipe is filled with sweet molasses and brown sugar flavor. Cinnamon and ginger give the sweet gingerbread syrup the perfect holiday flavor.
Searching for more ways to whip up popular coffee store flavors? Try my Butterbeer Latte, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, and Caramel Iced Coffee!
- Starbucks Copycat Recipe: Tastes exactly like the Starbucks version!
- No Special Equipment: Whipped milk without a frother!
- Holiday Favorite: Gingerbread is a classic holiday staple.
Every season it seems like I become obsessed with different flavors. Christmas is no exception. Last year it was all about hot chocolate, the year before that was fudge, THIS year it is gingerbread!
Inspiration for this holiday latte recipe came from Starbucks. I noticed a sign for gingerbread latte which made me stop right in my tracks and do a double take. It was at that very moment that I KNEW I needed to create a Copycat Starbucks Gingerbread Latte.
GINGERBREAD SYRUP RECIPE
This coffee all starts with a simple gingerbread syrup. This is where you’ll get that classic gingerbread flavor and it is so simple to make. The syrup will last two weeks if stored properly. That makes it a great gift to give to friends and family! Coffee drinkers will bow down to you and non-coffee peeps will adore this in their cocoa.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds just a hint of molasses that takes this recipe over the top. You can substitute, in a pinch, for granulated sugar.
- Spices: Ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. The classic holiday flavors typically found in gingerbread.
- Water: Just enough to make the syrup perfectly thick.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla balances the sugar and spices.
- Coffee or espresso: For a true latte experience, opt for espresso. However, this syrup is delicious in drip brewed coffee or cold brew.
- Milk or cream: Pick the milk of your choice, but I recommend not going below 2%.
When you are ready to use you have two options:
- You can brave the espresso machine. Pour one shot into your cup. Stir a few tablespoons of syrup until dissolved. Top with warmed milk.
- Stir it right into a cup of extra strong coffee. Easy peasy. Top with a little whipped cream or dip biscotti.
HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD LATTE FROM STARBUCKS
For the syrup:
- PREP: Combine the sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium saucepan.
- COOK: Whisk in the water. Heat to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer. Continue to cook on low for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- USE: Pour the syrup into a sealed container and keep refrigerated until ready to use. When ready to create your latte combine espresso or coffee with 2-3 tablespoons of your gingerbread syrup. Top with milk or cream and enjoy!
- Mugs: I love to make these in glass mugs (affiliate) so you can watch the coffee and milk slowly combine into each other for a beautiful cloud like experience.
- Mason Jar: I don’t own a frother (affiliate), so I make my foam milk in a mason jar (affiliate).
- Coffee Machine: You can brew the coffee in a drip coffee machine (affiliate). Super easy and time saving.
A typical household will not have an espresso machine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t make your own latte’s at home. You can substitute strong brewed coffee for espresso for a quick homemade latte. I suggest brewing your coffee with a French press (affiliate) or Aeropress (affiliate) to achieve a smooth strong flavor.
Combine 2 to 3 tablespoons of the gingerbread syrup with 1/2 cup whole milk in a 16 oz mason jar. Secure the lid and shake as hard as you can for one minute.
Remove the lid from the jar and microwave for 30 seconds. Pour the warm sweetened milk into your coffee and spoon the foam on top of your drink.
Yes! Stir in a tablespoon or two of syrup into a tall glass filled with ice. Top with coffee or cold brew and a splash of milk for the perfect iced gingerbread latte.
This syrup will last up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container and stored inside the refrigerator.
For this recipe, you cannot go wrong with using espresso, strong brewed coffee or cold brew.
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
MORE MUST-TRY LATTE RECIPES
MORE MUST-TRY GINGERBREAD RECIPES
Gingerbread Latte Recipe
For the Syrup:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Latte:
- espresso or dark brewed coffee
- warmed milk or cream
- Combine the sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves in a saucepan.
- Whisk in the water. Heat to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer.
- Continue to cook on low for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour the syrup into a sealed container and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When ready to create your latte; combine espresso or coffee with 2-3 tablespoons of your gingerbread syrup.
- Top with milk or cream and enjoy!
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!