This post was updated on by
Get ready folks! Summer is sneaking up fast which means you will see more and more recipes like this refreshing Blueberry Lemonade and you are going to want to make every single one! I broke out of my comfort zone with this recipe and the results were delicious!
Part of my job as a foodie and er… food blogger is to attend conferences where we get to mingle with other food lovers and get to know new brands. This next week I’ve got another one right here in Salt Lake and was delighted to be surprised with a little pre-conference happy mail. The wonderful people over at Xlear sent me a sample of their Lite and Sweet Sweetener and I was intrigued. Truth be told I’m not much of a health nut (I like to think the name of my site gives that away) but the back of the package said to replace sugar in any recipe for a taste that doesn’t lag in the sweetness department. I figured why not give it a go?!
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar or Lite Sweet Sweetener, divided
- 4-1/2 cups +1 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups water, divided
- Place blueberries, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat until thickened. Strain through cheesecloth squeezing all of the juice into a container. Discard blueberry bits. Allow to cool slightly.
- Stir together 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water in another small pan. Heat just until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir together 4-1/2 cups of lemon juice, 2 cups of water, blueberry juice, and syrup mixture. Chill and serve over ice.
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com