This post was updated on by
Browned Butter Brussels Sprouts. Brussels Sprouts, dijon mustard, and fresh squeezed lemon combine with garlic and a little salt and pepper for the perfect side dish recipe.
The perfect side dish recipe. We are constantly searching for it. Especially a vegetable side dish.
When it comes to vegetable recipes this one takes the cake.
It has butter.
IT IS DELICIOUS.
Brown Buttered Brussles Sprouts
Brussels sprouts tend to get the short end of the stick. They are not commonly chosen or high on the list of tasty sides. I am here to change that.
We make this tasty veggie for most holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas but they have been known to make an appearance for birthdays as well.
Pair them with turkey you get an insane flavor combination.
The browned butter really gives them a unique and delicious profile. Be prepared to have your mind blown. Even the pickiest eaters will ask for seconds!
- 1-1/2 lbs brussel sprouts, ends cut off and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Toss you brussel sprouts in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place in a single layer on your prepared pan. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until you can easily prick with a fork.
- Combine the butter and garlic in a small pan. Swirl and cook over medium heat until the butter turns a golden brown color. Stir in the thyme, dijon, and lemon juice. Stir over your cooked sprouts and serve.