This Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla is bursting with bold flavors and a hint of fiery spice! Imagine succulent chicken coated in zesty buffalo sauce, nestled between layers of melted cheese, all enclosed in a crispy tortilla. Whether you’re hosting a game night or simply looking to spice up your dinner routine, our buffalo chicken quesadilla recipe is guaranteed to satisfy your cravings.
Why You’ll Love This Quesadilla
- Quick Dinner: This recipe is so easy and whips up in a flash. That makes it ideal for a busy weeknight or quick lunch.
- Minimal Ingredients: Even better, this recipe calls for just five simple ingredients.
- Perfect for a Crowd: Make a quesadilla bar and let everyone build their own. Brush with butter and bake to perfection.
If you are anything like me, you are always on the hunt for fresh dinner ideas that the entire family will enjoy, but also that don’t take up too much time. I have a list of super simple staples like grilled cheese, grilled chicken, and quesadillas that are almost always on rotation, but sometimes I like to shake things up.
This buffalo quesadilla is a quick and easy dinner that really delivers in flavor. Even my very picky teenager gives it the stamp of approval, and has whipped it up over a dozen times since we first made it.
You really can’t go wrong with minimal ingredients, easy prep, and a filling meal that everyone enjoys.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
There really aren’t too many ingredients in a quesadilla, but in order to make it a little more interesting we added just a couple extra flavor boosts. Here is what you need to make this recipe.
- Chicken: I’m a big fan of the Costco rotisserie chicken. You can’t beat an entire chicken that’s already cooked for just $5. I like to pick one up every time I’m in the store to keep on hand for recipes just like this one. You can even freeze rotisserie chicken for up to three months! Keep some on hand for busy weeknights when you don’t feel like cooking, but still want a delicious dish.
- Buffalo Sauce: There are dozens of sauce options to pick from. I suggest using one that you already know you love, or you can never go wrong with a classic like Frank’s.
- Ranch Dressing: I’m a ranch lover, but I know some of you might not be too keen on the idea. That’s ok! You can swap this out for blue cheese crumbles and you’ll get an equally delicious dinner.
- Cheese: This recipe will work with so many cheese varieties, but we mild or sharp love cheddar cheese the best.
- Tortillas: The size of the tortilla called for in this recipe is burrito sized. That being said, you can use almost any size tortilla to make a quesadilla. No need to run to the store for anything special.
How To Make Quesadillas With Buffalo Sauce
- PREP: If you haven’t already, chop your cooked chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a glass bowl.
- FILLING: Stir the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese with the chicken until fully combined.
- COOK: Heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Place one tortilla onto the warm surface. Spread roughly 1/3 of the filling mixture onto one side of the tortilla. Fold the tops of the quesadillas to sandwich the filling. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- ENJOY: Slice the quesadilla into triangles and enjoy dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Cheese Shredder: Do you need a fancy cheese grater (affiliate)? Probably not. But I use this one every day and it’s one of my favorite kitchen items!
- Pizza Cutter: I use our pizza cutter (affiliate). It is so handy, especially with quesadillas, and was one of the first ways I taught my son to help in the kitchen.
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
Yes! In fact, I recommend it. That makes the process super quick and easy. We keep rotisserie chicken in the freezer or opt for our favorite frozen chicken options like Just Bare tenders.
We tested this recipe with several different cheese types. Our favorite, by far, was regular cheddar cheese.
Yep! Once you’ve cooked the quesadillas, let them cool completely. Place in an airtight container inside the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.
When ready to reheat, remove from the container and set on a microwave safe plate. Heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the chicken filling is heated through.
We LOVE ranch dressing for this recipe. However, you could use blue cheese dressing or even more buffalo sauce or sour cream.
Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 cup chicken cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 large tortillas
- If you haven’t already, chop your cooked chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the buffalo sauce, ranch dressing and cheddar cheese with the chicken until fully combined.
- Heat a large skillet over low/medium heat. Place one tortilla onto the warm surface. Spread roughly 1/3 of the filling mixture onto one side of the tortilla.
- Fold the tops of the quesadillas to sandwich the filling. Cook until lightly browned on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Slice the quesadilla into triangles and enjoy dipped in ranch or blue cheese dressing.