This incredibly simple Baked Ranch Chicken recipe is a go-to dinner idea! Made with 5-ingredients, you can have this easy chicken dinner ready in under 30 minutes! Simple and delicious.
Searching for more delicious chicken dinners? I’ve got you! Be sure to try my Easy Teriyaki Chicken!
This post was originally published Mach 10, 2016. It has since been updated to include new photos and recipe updates.
- Quick and Easy: This recipe takes only 5 minutes of prep and 15 minutes to bake making it a go-to dinner for busy weeknights.
- Easy to Customize: Change the dressing, add cheese, or swap the seasonings.
- Family Favorite: You won’t believe how flavor packed this chicken is!
HELLO easy 30 minute dinner idea! This baked ranch chicken recipe is incredibly simple to make and still loaded with flavor. All thanks to one secret ingredient!
I’m a sucker for simplicity. I have a handful of go-to dinner ideas that fall firmly in this category, with this chicken being right at the top. Most busy weeknights I don’t have the energy to whip up something elaborate but also want to avoid take-out. This ranch chicken recipe marks all the checkboxes and gives you the stress free simple meal that everyone will love.
Ranch Chicken Breast Ingredients:
I mention above that there are only 5-ingredients in this dinner. While that is technically true, I did include all of the spices as one ingredient. I feel like salt and pepper should be included in almost every meal, and therefore shouldn’t be counted… Stretching? Maybe.
- Chicken breast: I find it best to either pound the chicken to be thinner, or slice in half lengthwise. This allows everything to cook more quickly and get that wonderfully delicious crispy exterior.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Ranch dressing: Pick your favorite brand or try homemade!
- Bread crumbs: You can stick with the classic variety but we really enjoy the Italian seasoned.
- Butter: Mixed with the bread crumbs for a delicious topping!
How To Make Crispy Ranch Chicken
We keep this one in the archives for those days when I’m in a rush or food rut and have no idea what to make. My six year old has proclaimed that this is HIS FAVORITE chicken ever. If you want a nice crunchy exterior you can skip the oven and cook these stove top. We gave a skillet a quick mist of oil and cooked on each side until golden and the chicken was cooked through.
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist a baking tray or 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside. Slice the chicken in half lengthwise, or pound to 1/2 inch thickens.
- RANCH: Place on the prepared baking tray, making sure not to overlap. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Brush 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing onto the top of each chicken piece.Mix the bread crumbs with the butter. Spoon over the top of each chicken.
- BAKE: Bake 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Serve with extra ranch dressing if desired.
OR you can try this in an air fryer!
Not too difficult, huh? Something you think you could totally pull off for a last minute meal? I think so!
Recipe Tips and FAQs
This recipe is pretty straight forward, but here are a few tips to help you along.
Don’t be afraid to mix things up! Try Caesar or italian dressing in place of ranch.
Make sure the chicken is sliced or pounded to an even thickness. This helps for an even cooking and avoids over cooked pieces of chicken.
This is considered a wet ranch dressing chicken recipe. It uses bottled (or homemade) ranch dressing and not the powdered mix.
We love the addition of garlic. Garlic ranch chicken breast kicks the flavor profile up and makes it a delicious flavor packed dinner.
The best way to test for doneness in a chicken is to use a meat thermometer. Test for doneness by inserting the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. Cooked chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Another option is to cut the meat at its thickest point. If the juices run clear the chicken is fully cooked. If the juices are red, or there is a pinkish color, your chicken needs a few more minutes.
YES! If I ever find myself out of breadcrumbs I use this simple hack;
Pop a slice of bread into the toaster. Once it is golden brown, use a zester or cheese shredder to crumb the toast.
Heat the air fryer to 390° F.
Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Place the ranch dressing into a shallow dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and melted butter in a second dish.
Dip each chicken piece into the ranch dressing followed by the breadcrumbs, being sure to press firmly on the bread to keep them in place.
Place in your heated air fryer.
Cook four minutes, flip and cook two additional minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°.
More Chicken Dinner Ideas:
- Copycat Malibu Chicken
- Easy Chicken Taquitos
- Ranch Chicken Stuffed Shells
- BBQ Grilled Drumsticks
- Copycat Margarita Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken Enchilada Recipe- Freezer Friendly
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mist a baking tray or 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken in half lengthwise, or pound to 1/2 inch thickens.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, making sure not to overlap.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing onto the top of each chicken piece.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the butter. Spoon over the top of each chicken.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve with extra ranch dressing if desired.
Pin for later: