This post was updated on by
These homemade chocolate graham crackers are crisp and light with the perfect amount of sweetness. Perfect recipe to make with the whole family!
I originally made this recipe years and years ago. My little guy was going through a serious love of graham crackers and I wanted to surprise him with a special snack.
Truth? I had never made graham crackers and was a little nervous. After reading the instructions of the recipe I wasn’t super sure I made the right choice. Good news is I rolled up my sleeves and got to work anyway.
Boy, oh boy, am I glad I did. This is a simple recipe for graham cookies that is fun to customize! Play around with the shapes and designs for the perfect treat to share!
Chocolate Graham Cookies
Chocolate Graham Cracker Ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Dutch cocoa
- Powdered sugar
- Baking powder
If you are looking for a chocolate cracker recipe, look no further! All of the ingredients might already be in your pantry, which means you have nothing stopping you from baking a batch or two of these!
Did I mention they also make the BEST chocolate graham cracker crust recipe? Bake a batch or two, allow them to cool completely, and crush with a rolling pin or in a food processor. Use in your regular go-to graham cracker pie crust recipe and be prepared for chocolate goodness!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
How to make the Best Chocolate Graham Crackers:
- reheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, cocoa, powdered sugar, and baking powder in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Give it a slow mix.
- Add the butter and stir until pea sized clumps are formed in the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mix the honey and milk until the honey dissolves. Stir into your dry ingredients until a dough forms. Split dough into two.
- On parchment cut to the size of a cookie sheet (or a silicone mat) roll the dough into a large rectangle. Prick with a fork to prevent bubbling. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until you start to smell chocolate.
- Immediately cut into squares or desired shape. Make sure you do this while they are warm as they will crisp up fairly quickly as they cool.