This post was updated on by
These easy chocolate peanut butter cookies are the best of both worlds! Sweet chocolate and salty peanut butter combine giving you one incredible cookie recipe!
If you are a big fan of Reese’s you will love this little cookie. It is the perfect marriage of two classic flavors. They blend so well together and the chocolate slightly outshines the peanut butter. It is like taking your favorite peanut butter cookie and giving it a boost of awesome.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies made with Cocoa Powder
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
Can you use natural peanut butter in cookies?
Yes, however there may be some differences between other peanut butter versions. Natural tends to be unsalted. You will need to adjust the salt in your recipe accordingly. It also tends to melt quicker leaving you with flatter more crisp cookies.
How to make chewy chocolate peanut butter cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and peanut butter in the bowl of your electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto your prepared tray (roll into a ball if you’d like a more round shape).
- Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy.
I like to use this as a go-to for when I need to take a quick treat to friends or neighbors. I have never met a person that did not instantly fall in love with the soft chewy texture and sweet/savory combination of flavors. Package it up in a small little bag or cute decorative box, top with a bow, and make someones day!
Like this recipe? You will love my: