This post was updated on by
These salted brownie cookies are my go-to when I’m in need of a chocolate fix! Crunchy outside with a soft and chewy center gives you the perfect brownie texture in every single bite!
When it came time to pick my new years dessert those sweet bars were at the top of my list! I wanted to make them in a slightly reinvented way and decided to go with COOKIES. Enter the:
Fudge Brownie Cookies
I said BROWNIE COOKIES. That is a brownie in cookie form… or would it be known as a cookie as a brownie? Either way these are delicious. Top them with a sprinkle of fleur de sel (fancy salt) and you’ve taken them to gourmet status!
Brownie Cookie Ingredients:
- Butter- I know you are supposed to use unsalted for baking, but I like to use salted butter in my cookies.
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips- I do not recommend substituting milk chocolate chips.
- Eggs- Be sure to use large eggs for these cookies.
- Sugar- This recipe calls for granulated sugar which can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Vanilla Extract- Use pure vanilla extract, not imitation.
- Cocoa Powder- This recipe works with regular or Dutch cocoa powder.
- Salt- Just a touch is added to the dry ingredients. Leave this out if you plan on using salted butter.
- Baking Powder- To help give a little rise to your cookies. Be sure to check the expiration date and use fresh baking powder.
- All-Purpose Flour- Classic pantry staple that can be found in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- fleur de sel salt- This is a finishing salt that is large grained than your typical table salt.
How to make brownie cookies from scratch:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment and set aside for later use.
Combine the butter and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted. Set aside.
Add your eggs, sugar, and vanilla into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment 3-4 minutes or until fully combined. Slowly stir in the melted chocolate mixture.
In a small bowl combine the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and flour. Fold into your batter.
Drop spoonfuls onto your prepared sheets. Sprinkle each cookie dough ball with fleur de sel.
Bake 10-12 minutes.
Cookie tips and tricks:
- Cookie scoops are king. They make sure that you get the same sized cookie every single time.
- Silicone baking mats are about to become your new best friend. Seriously, better than parchment paper!
- Chilling this dough is not required, however you could get a slightly raised cookie by allowing the batter to refrigerate for 4+ hours.
More Brownie Recipes:
More Cookie Recipes:
- Spicy Chocolate Cookies
- Red Velvet Valentine Cookies
- The Very Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Copycat Oreo Cookies