This Easy Graham Cracker Crust recipe is the perfect base for any pie! With only a few simple ingredients, and a few helpful tips, you can have this solid crust ready in minutes. No need to buy store-bought crust again!
Searching for a more classic style? Try my Homemade Pie Crust Recipe. Perfectly baked to buttery perfection.
- Quick and Easy: This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes.
- Minimal Ingredients: Only 4 ingredients, that are mostly pantry staples!
- Customizable: Swap the cookie type or the spices for an entirely new flavor.
I never realized how easy a graham cracker pie crust is to make at home. With just 4-ingredients you can have the perfect base to almost any pie and it is 100x easier than traditional pastry crusts. No more searching through the stacks of broken store-bought crusts!
This buttery graham filled pie base is SO EASY. You’ll never want to use store-bought again.
WHAT IS GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST MADE OF?
Homemade graham cracker crust is simple. So simple that it only requires a handful of ingredients and packs a flavor punch that outbeats any pre-made crust option. It’s crunchy, buttery, and full of that classic honey graham flavor. Here is what you need to get started:
- Graham Crackers– Use the classic honey flavor, cinnamon, chocolate… Whatever flavor you think will compliment your pie. OR substitute with your favorite crunchy cookie, like Nilla Wafers!
- Sugar– Just a touch of sugar goes a long way in this no-bake graham cracker crust. As the pie starts to set, the sugar helps bind with the butter. This keeps the crumbs together giving you a sturdy pie base. You can even use brown sugar if you want to bring a little molasses flavor to the pie.
- Cinnamon– This ingredient is optional but a GREAT addition to the flavor profile of this pie crust.
- Butter– Personally, I like salted butter in my pie crust. However, I am the minority. Try unsalted first and add a pinch of salt if you feel it’s missing something.
BEST GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE
Let’s walk through the steps for this easy graham crust. From start to finish, you’re looking at about 5 minutes of work!
- PREP: Crumble the graham crackers using a food processor or high powered blender. You want the crumbs to be super fine, which helps build that firm base.
- STIR: Combine the crushed crackers, sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the melted butter until a soft crumble begins to form.
- PRESS: Pour the crumble mixture into a 9″ pie pan. Press firmly down, I like to use the back of a large spoon or measuring cup, until compacted to the bottom as well as up the sides of the dish.
- CHILL or BAKE: If you’re making a no-bake pie or cheesecake, chill the crust for 2 hours before filing. For a baked pie, pre-bake the crust per your recipes direction, typically 7-8 minutes at 350 °F, before filling.
- Food Processor: Using a food processor (affiliate) or blender (affiliate) is so incredibly helpful to crumble the graham crackers into the perfect crumb. You can also use a zip top bag and a rolling pin (affiliate) to pound into fine crumbs.
- Pie Dish: This recipe is used with a 9″ pie dish (affiliate) but can also be sued with 9-10″ springform pans (affiliate). Which can come in handy if you are using this graham cracker crust recipe for cheesecake.
- Measuring Cups: Not only do you use these to measure the ingredients, but a dry measuring cup set (affiliate) is super handy to press the crust firmly into the pan.
HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS
Like many of the recipes on my site, this recipe is incredibly simple. It has minimal ingredients and takes under 20 minutes to prepare. But there are also some great tips I have included to help you on your pie journey.
The secret to getting your graham cracker crust to stay together is in the crumble. You want to crackers to be super fine. I use a blender (affiliate) but you could also use a food processor (affiliate).
The other secret is pressing it tightly in the pan. I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup (affiliate) to help give it a nice packed and smooth finish.
If you’re making a no-bake pie or cheesecake, chill the crust for 2 hours before filing. For a baked pie, pre-bake the crust per your recipes direction, typically 7-8 minutes at 350 °F, before filling.
THIS is the question of the hour. You can make so many pies in this crust type, but it is especially great for no-bake pies! Here’s a quick list of our favorites:
– Classic Banana Cream Pie
– No-Bake Cheesecake
– Coconut Cream Pie
– Chocolate Silk Pie
– Key Lime Pie
– Peanut Butter Pie
The great thing about this recipe is that you can get pretty creative with spices. We always add a touch of cinnamon but a little ginger, nutmeg, or pumpkin pie spice would add a unique flavor that would compliment any pie.
MUST-TRY PIE RECIPES
MORE GRAHAM CRACKER RECIPES
- Peanut Butter Bars
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Easy Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Whisk the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Use a fork to cut in the melted butter.
- Press into a 9" pie pan, using the back of a large spoon or measuring cup to help firmly press.
- If you are making a no-bake pie or cheesecake, chill the crust for 2 hours before filing.
- For a baked pie, pre-bake the crust per your recipes direction, typically 7-8 minutes at 350 °F, before filling.