This easy Christmas Punch Recipe can be made with or without alcohol, making it the perfect way to celebrate! With just two ingredients you can have a show stopping party drink everyone will love.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need two simple ingredients to whip up this flavor packed punch. Doesn’t get much easier than that.
- Customizable: Make this non-alcoholic, like pictured, or jazz it up with sparkling wine. See ingredient notes for more customizations.
- Perfect for Parties: Don’t stress over the drink at your holiday party! Chill these ingredients and whip this party punch up in less than two minutes.
Hear me out, with just two ingredients you can have a flavor packed punch that is perfect for the holiday season. Sip away while you watch your favorite Christmas movie or serve to guests at your parties.
This drink is perfect for every occasion. Make it non-alcoholic or as the perfect cocktail with the addition of sparkling wine. You can even jazz it up with the addition of pomegranate seeds, orange slices, and a sprig of thyme for a display that is “WOW” worthy.
WHAT IS CHRISTMAS PUNCH MADE OF?
You might be surprised when I tell you there are only TWO ingredients in this punch recipe. The hardest part of this recipe is remembering to chill the two before you get started. Here is what you will need for this very simple punch recipe.
- Pomegranate Juice: I really prefer the boldness of pure pomegranate juice. You can make your own, or to keep things simple pick up a POM Wonderful.
- Sparkling Soda: While testing this recipe we tried sparkling cider, lemon lime soda, ginger ale, and club soda. All worked wonderfully and got the stamp of approval from our very picky teenager, who actually doesn’t even care for the flavor of pomegranate!
- Toppings: These are all optional ingredients, but add a beautiful finish to your drink. Use pomegranate seeds, orange slices, cranberries, or fresh thyme sprigs.
Looking to make this a cocktail? Swap the sparkling soda for your favorite sparkling wine. We really liked this with prosecco.
SIMPLE CHRISTMAS PUNCH RECIPE
This recipe could not be easier to make. However, there are a few tips to follow:
- CHILL: Place the juice and the sparkling soda into the refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
- POUR: When ready to serve, pour both ingredients into a pitcher or punch bowl. Gently stir and serve.
- TOP: Let guests add fresh fruit or toppings of their choosing.
Pro Tip: You can freeze pomegranate seeds into ice cubes. This gives a very elegant finish to the drink and makes party goers ogle over the beautiful presentation.
- Pitcher: I use a pitcher (affiliate) for serving, because I find it easier and less space consuming. This one specifically is beautiful with the different edges and design.
- Punch Bowl: If you prefer a more party friendly display, try a punch bowl (affiliate). Orange slices and cranberries floating on top are simply beautiful.
- Glasses: My current obsession are this set of stemless champagne flutes (affiliate). They are so elegant without the risk of accidentally breaking the long thin stem.
No, this punch should be made just before serving to help keep the bubbles fresh. However, you can purchase the ingredients and chill them in advance, which I recommend.
Yes! One quick way to turn this into a cocktail is to substitute the sparkling soda for prosecco.
You can also opt for adding 1 cup of vodka to the drink with the original ingredients.
Yes. We like pure pomegranate juice. However, we have also tried pomegranate blend juices like blueberry and cranberry with great success.
Christmas Punch Recipe
- 1 cup pomegranate juice chilled
- 3 cups sparkling soda* chilled
- Place the juice and the sparkling soda into the refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours, or ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour both ingredients into a pitcher or punch bowl. Gently stir and serve.
- Let guests add fresh fruit or toppings of their choosing.