This easy sparkling Holiday Punch recipe makes a delicious drink that is perfect for all of your gatherings! Made with pomegranate juice, sparkling cider or champagne, and ginger ale and easy to customize to your taste!
Searching for more easy party drinks? Try my Christmas Punch, Raspberry Peach Sangria, Easy Party Punch Recipe, and Fruit Punch (fan favorite)!
This post includes a recipe for alcohol. Drink responsibly. One Sweet Appetite and it’s authors are not responsible for the actions of our readers should they choose to make this recipe and consume it. Please drink responsibly.
- Make Ahead– This recipe comes together in just 10 minutes and can be made in advance!
- Holiday Favorite– Perfect to serve for the family or at big parties!
- Non-Alcoholic– Which means kid friendly! However, I also share a version with booze.
This is the BEST non-alcoholic punch. It’s also the best alcoholic punch. Winner in both categories, you cannot go wrong with this party drink. My ten year old simply raved about this as we were testing the flavor combinations and claimed it is the fanciest of the fancy.
The thing is, it’s so simple to make with a big beautiful presentation. It sets the mood for the party and EVERYONE will love the sparkling drink. Garnishes are optional, but essential to get you that gasp worthy finish. Don’t skimp! This is the only recipe you need for all of your parties.
What is Christmas Punch Made Of?
The ingredient list for this punch is short, which means you won’t take up valuable refrigerator space when preparing other party essentials. Here is what you will need:
- Pomegranate Juice: You can use a pomegranate blend if you’d like, but we prefer 100% pomegranate. It adds the perfect flavor and gives this a beautiful color!
- Sparkling Cider: Or champagne. If you want to keep it non-alcoholic, reach for your favorite sparkling cider. Either grape or apple.
- Soda: I prefer the taste of ginger ale with the cider and pomegranate. It helps to elevate the juice and brings in a slight spark of ginger that really takes this to the next level. I don’t recommend substituting for lemon lime soda.
- Fresh Fruit: The visual beauty of this drink comes from the addition of fruits. For a simple, but very beautiful, finish I suggest using orange slices, pomegranate seeds, raspberries, and mind leaves.
Sparkling Grape cider vs Sparkling Apple cider
This recipe calls for sparkling cider, but which one works best? Personal preference has us reaching for red grape, but we also find great success with apple. Either will work well with the combination of other flavors that are added to this punch. However, many readers prefer sparkling apple.
This recipe is the perfect Christmas punch for kids. It has sparkle, fruit, and a real “wow” factor. Kids get giddy when they see the bubbles rise in the glass around the fruit!
How To Make Punch For A Party:
This recipe comes together in under five minutes. The biggest tip is to prepare in advance by chilling the liquids. Once that’s complete you’re ready to go! Just make sure you don’t mix the sodas until you are ready to serve, to make sure it keeps that nice fizz.
- PREP: The key here is to chill all of the ingredients overnight, if not longer. The colder the better. When you are ready to serve, add ice to a large punch bowl or two pitchers.
- STIR: Mix the pomegranate juice, sparkling cider, ginger ale, and lemon juice with the ice.
- GARNISH: Top with the orange slices, pomegranate seeds, raspberries and mint .
- Pitcher: For this recipe, it tastes best the longer it sits. Luckily, these little juice pitchers (affiliate) come with lids and are the perfect size for the side door in the refrigerator!
- Measuring Cups: A quality set of liquid measuring cups (affiliate) are an amazing addition to any kitchen! I’m a fan of these angled cups for so many reasons, but mostly because it’s so easy to see that liquid line as it fills.
Pomegranate not your favorite flavor? I’ve got so many other punch recipes that you will love! Try my Cranberry Champagne Cocktail, Sparkling Sweet Tea Recipe, Patriotic Punch Recipe, and 2-Ingredient Thanksgiving Punch!
Yes! The beauty of most punch recipes is that you can prepare them ahead of serving. This recipe calls for a lot of sparkling beverages. I advise to make it the same day and keep it chilled. No more than one day in advance. The earlier you make the recipe the quicker the carbonation will fade.
Yes! Making this alcoholic is rather simple. Here are the two easiest ways:
Simply substitute the sparkling cider for chilled champagne.
Another fun variation of this recipe is with vodka or white rum. Make the recipe as stated above with the sparkling cider. Stir in 2 cups of either of the mentioned liquors.
More Must-Try Drink Recipes
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Sparkling Holiday Punch (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- 4 cups pomegranate or cranberry juice*
- 3 cups sparkling grape or apple cider OR Champagne
- 4 cups ginger ale
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 pint raspberries
- mint leaves
- *see notes for liquor version
- 1. Chill all of your ingredients overnight.
- 2. Add ice to a large punch bowl or pitcher.
- 3. Stir the pomegranate juice, sparkling cider, ginger ale, and lemon juice with the ice.
- 4. Garnish with orange slices, pomegranate seeds, raspberries, and mint.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!