This post was updated on by
This post… It is just packed with chocolate mint goodness. I don’t know how or when this flavor combo became associated with St Patrick’s day but I sure am glad it did. Really, who doesn’t just swoon over Thin Mints or Andes? Now imagine those in ICE CREAM form. That is what you are getting with this creamy no churn chocolate mint ice cream. Thin mints in frozen form.
It shouldn’t be a surprise that I went with the no churn route with this recipe. After the last two years of creating fun flavors like Cake Batter or Mint Chocolate Chip I have slowly discovered that there really is no need for a machine. This turns out so creamy every time and the work is minimal. If your family is a lot like mine (and you eat way too much ice cream) you are going to want to test out this method. Who knew that combining a couple of on hand ingredients like whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk could produce something so scrumptious?!
To get the mint chocolate flavor you are going to need a few things… Chocolate syrup and mint extract. But to send things over the top try stirring in some wafer cookies like the ones above or brownie bites. You get an added texture that is a bonus for your taste buds!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped to stiff peeks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 3/4 cups chocolate cookies or brownie bits, optional
- In a large bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, mint extract, syrup, and cookies if using. Once combined you are going to gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Place your mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid.