Our favorite Italian Chopped Salad recipe is loaded with ingredients and the star of the meal! Made with fresh romaine lettuce, deli chopped pepperoni, and so many more tasty ingredients!
I have been living off of salads lately. Not because of a diet change, more so due to the insane heat that’s hitting our city. It is too hot to turn on the oven or even think about stove top dinners. Luckily for me, I found the perfect combination of ingredients that is packed with veggies, protein, and flavor. That means it qualifies as a family meal. Best of all? It is kid AND husband approved!
Getting those two to eat a salad is near impossible, but the combination of pepperoni, ham, and diced pepperoncini peppers has them in love with this easy salad recipe
Fully Loaded Italian Chopped Salad
Let’s chat about ingredients for a second. I like to use some of our family favorites, a lot like the ones in my southwestern chicken salad, but the beauty about this recipe is that it is so versatile. If there is an ingredient you don’t have, or don’t like, leave it out! Want to add a new ingredient? Go for it. Just make sure you leave your recommendations in the comments so I can try them out!
Ingredients for an Italian Chopped Salad:
- Romaine Lettuce
- Red Onion
- Pepperoncini Peppers
- Parmesan Cheese
Making this dinner salad is so incredibly simple. It is filling and perfect for busy nights when you just don’t know what to make. It is one of our favorite go-to recipes and a life saver when it is too hot to turn on the oven. The perfect easy dinner recipe the entire family will love! You can even serve it along side my homemade Zuppa Toscana for a fun Olive Garden style dinner.
How to make an Italian Style Chopped Salad:
- Gather your ingredients.
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with Italian dressing of your choice (we like the Olive Garden dressing).
- Toss to coat and serve.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Taco Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Salad
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Panera Bread Strawberry Poppyseed Chicken Salad
Italian Chopped Salad Recipe
- 3 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 3/4 cup pepperoni chopped
- 1/2 cup deli ham chopped
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 3.8oz can sliced olives
- 1/4 large red onion sliced or chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup your favorite Italian dressing
- Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately.