This no bake key lime mousse is piped into phyllo cups making this an easy go-to dessert recipe! Perfect for summer parties and gatherings.
This recipe is SO GOOD.
Key lime juice is combined with cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped cream for the most amazing summertime treat. It is light, creamy, and chilled just enough to give you a cool sensation with every bite.
How to make no bake key lime mousse:
- Whisk together cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk. Add lime juice and stir until combined.
- Fold in whipped cream. I whip mine with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add to a zip top bag. Snip the corner with clean scissors. Pipe into phyllo cups.
- Chill until ready to serve. Top with lime slices or zest if desired.
What is phyllo dough?
Filo or phyllo dough is typically seen in pastry making. Many thin sheets of pastry are layered together with brushed butter and baked. Most commonly seen in baklava and middle eastern cuisines.
Where do you buy phyllo dough?
Most grocery stores carry phyllo dough and phyllo dough cups in the frozen foods section. I found mine next to the cool whip.
Occasionally, you can find key lime juice in the juice aisle of your grocery store. However, fresh squeezed is always preferred.
Looking for more lime goodness? Try my Coconut Lime Cookies!
What is the difference between key limes and regular limes?
Regular, or Persian, limes are much larger than key limes. But what are the other differences between the two?
- Key limes have a more bold floral aroma.
- They tend to be more yellow than green.
- Also, they pack a tart punch compared to Persians.
If you cannot find key limes, you can substitute with regular.
This recipe is such a light and fun flavor. While we decided to serve as bite sized favorites, you could easily serve this mousse in a dish with a spoon.
If you like this recipe you will love my:
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 30 mini phyllo dough cups
- Limes for garnish
- Combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in the bowl of your electric mixer. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the juice. Fold in your whipped cream and fill your little cups.
- Garnish with a mini lime wedge and/or lime zest. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Key limes are much smaller and slightly less tart compared to the Persian limes you typically see in stores. However, both can be used in this sweet treat so don't fret if you can't find Key Limes in your store.