This post was updated on by
This No-Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is packed with citrus flavor with the added bonus of crushed graham cracker bits!
There are two things I love about this ice cream… First is that it is a no-churn recipe which means I can whip up a batch in a snap and second is that it tastes AMAZING. Citrus, especially lime, is a great choice when you are making any summer time treat.
No Churn Key Lime Ice cream
I find myself constantly thinking up ideas and ways to bring it to our table (see my Lime Mousse Bites, Lime Cheesecake, and Mint Limeade) but out of all of the recipes I have made this one is by far my favorite. It is easy and refreshing which is exactly what I need when the Texas temperatures slowly start to creep into triple digits.
Difference between limes and key limes:
I feel like we need to take a short detour and chat about the difference between lime varieties. This recipe calls specifically for Key Limes which aren’t the typical Persian variety you find in the store.
They are quite a bit smaller and less tart which makes them perfect for desserts! While you can use regular lime juice in a pinch I highly recommend you search the store for the smaller variety. Sometimes you can even find just the juice next to the canned fruit aisle of the store.
Ingredients for key lime pie ice cream:
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice
- Graham crackers
How to make homemade key lime ice cream:
- Whip your heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a large bowl mix together the sweetened milk and the lime juice until fully incorporated. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs into the mix giving it a light turn or two.
- Pour your mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours (preferably overnight). Enjoy.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Banana Pudding Ice Cream- No mixer needed!
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Chocolate Mint Ice Cream, no churn!