This No-Churn Key Lime Pie Ice Cream is packed with citrus flavor with the added bonus of crushed graham cracker bits! Easy to make and no special equipment needed!
Don’t forget to try some of my other amazing no-churn ice cream recipes! A few fan favorites? Banana Pudding Ice Cream- No mixer needed!, No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream, and Chocolate Mint Ice Cream, no churn!
- 5-Ingredients: You only need a handful of ingredients to whip up this ice cream and it is loaded with lime flavor.
- No Churn: What does this mean exactly? It means you don’t have to have an ice cream maker to make this recipe!
- Easy to Customize: You can add in your favorite toppings and have fun flavor variations.
There are two things I love about this ice cream… First is that it is a no-churn recipe which means I can whip up a batch in a snap and second is that it tastes AMAZING. Citrus, especially lime, is a great choice when you are making any summer time treat. Every bite is light, rich and creamy.
Incredibly refreshing and just what we need to beat the summer heat. You’ll fall in love with no-churn ice cream once you realize how many endless possibilities there really are. Pair with a few of my other favorite lime treats like my Lime Mousse Bites, Lime Cheesecake, and Mint Limeade!
Lime Ice Cream Ingredients
I mentioned above that you don’t need many ingredients for this recipe. You only need five easy ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand!
- Heavy Cream: The secret to getting a lightly whipped ice cream is in the cream. Whipping heavy cream until stiff peaks form adds air to the ice cream.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: The base to your flavors. Sweetened milk adds the perfect sweetness and helps to stir all of the add-ins to the recipe.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract works as a flavor balancer to most baking recipes and does the same here!
- Lime Juice: Fresh is best. You’ll get the best flavor by squeezing fresh limes, but you can use bottled in a pinch. Key limes will give you a bold sweet flavor while regular limes will lean on the tart side.
- Graham Crackers: Regular graham squares OR a broken up graham cracker crust. Both will work in this ice cream.
Looking for more lime goodness? Try my Coconut Lime Cookies!
How To Make Lime No Churn Ice Cream
- PREP: Pour the heavy cream into a chilled bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks begin to form. Set aside for later.
- MIX: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and the lime juice. Stir until combined.
- FOLD: Gently fold in the whipped cream until incorporated. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs and turn just once or twice to mix in.
- FREEZE: Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid, 4 hours or up to overnight ideally.
- Mixing Bowls: I am currently obsessed with this set of nesting mixing bowls (affiliate). They fit together nicely, saving precious cupboard space, and even have attachments that come in handy for all sorts of recipes.
- Silicone Spatulas: One of my MUST have items in the kitchen. This set of silicone spatulas (affiliate) is probably the most used item I own. I use them to for scraping bowls, cooking stovetop, and so much more.
- Ice Cream Scoops: I own six ice cream scoops, but this one is the most used. The pointed tip helps even the hardest ice cream scoop out like butter.
Key are quite a bit smaller and less tart which makes them perfect for desserts! While you can use regular lime juice in a pinch I highly recommend you search the store for the smaller variety. Sometimes you can even find just the juice next to the canned fruit aisle of the store.
Ice cream is typically made in a mixer that simultaneously freezes and agitate or turns the mixture to keep ice crystals from forming. This process is known as churning and gives you that super creamy ice cream we all love.
No-churn ice cream recipes do not use a mixer and tend to come together a little quicker, but do have a more pronounced sweetened condensed milk flavor.
The one thing I truly love about this recipe is that it has endless possibilities. Here are a few of our favorite mix-in items:
Lemon or Lime Zest
Liquor (This also lowers the freezing temperature giving you a softer ice cream)
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup key lime juice or more per taste
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Pour the heavy cream into a chilled bowl of a stand mixer that is fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip on medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes, or until stiff peaks begin to form. Set aside for later.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and the lime juice. Stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until incorporated. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs and turn just once or twice to mix in.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid, 4 hours or up to overnight ideally.