This creamy Banana Pudding Ice Cream Recipe is made without a machine making it the perfect summer treat! Small bits of vanilla wafer cookies add a perfect crunch to every bite!
No-churn ice cream is a summer staple. Start with our base Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe and use it as a starting point to really get creative! Some of our favorites? Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and Chocolate Swirl!
This post was originally published July 28, 2014. It has since been updated to include fresh photos and helpful tips.
- EASY Ice Cream: Made without a machine and with a handful of basic ingredients.
- No-Machine Required: I’ll say it again; you need NO SPECIAL EQUIPMENT.
- Family Favorite: If you love the southern flavor of banana pudding, you will love this ice cream recipe.
Summertime is MADE for ice cream. The warm weather is perfect for outdoor time, and what better way to cool off than a bowl filled with scoops of creamy ice cream? We spend our days at the pool, run through sprinklers, and eat our weight in the stuff.
My favorite flavor is by far Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream. I fell in love when we lived out east and was heartbroken when I discovered we couldn’t get the delicious flavor west of the rockies.
Enter this no-churn ice cream recipe. It is so simple to make, calls for only a handful of ingredients, and produces rich and creamy ice cream WITHOUT a mixer!
BANANA ICE CREAM INGREDIENTS
This no-churn banana ice cream with condensed milk will blow your mind. Made with only 5 simple ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to get into the freezer. I whip up a batch the day before serving to make sure it has plenty of time to freeze before serving.
- Heavy Cream: The key ingredient to getting that super light and fluffy ice cream texture. Whip this to stiff peaks and be prepared to amaze even the pickiest ice cream eater.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk is the second MVP of the recipe. It is high in sugar and has been cooked down and is what will provide the creamy texture we are looking for.
- Banana Pudding: The DRY mix. Do not mix the ingredients stated on the box. This is where the delicious flavor comes from.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used to enhance the banana and compliment the cream. Just a touch.
- Vanilla Wafers: Optional, but a wonderful addition. Break apart the cookies and gently fold into the ice cream just before freezing. This gives you tasty cookie pieces in every scoop!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING ICE CREAM
- PREP: Gather and measure your ingredients. I find that measuring before you start helps things run smoothly in the kitchen.
- MIX: Mix the sweetened condensed milk with the banana pudding and vanilla in a large bowl.
- WHIP: Whip the cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. I find it is incredibly helpful to chill the bowl and whisk before mixing, this makes the process much faster.
- FOLD: Fold the whipped cream and cookie bits into the condensed milk mixture until just combined. Try not to mix too much to avoid the cream flattening.
- FREEZE: Transfer to an airtight container and freeze overnight.
- ENJOY: Serve with extra cookie pieces on top and sliced fresh bananas
- Mixing Bowls: I am currently obsessed with this set of nesting mixing bowls (affiliate). They fit together nicely, saving precious cupboard space, and even have attachments that come in handy for all sorts of recipes.
- Silicone Spatulas: One of my MUST have items in the kitchen. This set of silicone spatulas (affiliate) is probably the most used item I own. I use them to for scraping bowls, cooking stovetop, and so much more.
- Ice Cream Scoops: I own six ice cream scoops, but this one is the most used. The pointed tip helps even the hardest ice cream scoop out like butter.
NO-CHURN ICE CREAM TIPS AND FAQS
Ice cream is typically made in a mixer that simultaneously freezes and agitate or turns the mixture to keep ice crystals from forming. This process is known as churning and gives you that super creamy ice cream we all love.
No-churn ice cream recipes do not use a mixer and tend to come together a little quicker, but do have a more pronounced sweetened condensed milk flavor.
The secret is whipped cream. Heavy cream is whipped to stiff peaks and folded into your batter. This gives the ice cream the air it needs to be lighter and less dense. It allows us to skip the churning process all-together.
The one thing I truly love about this recipe is that it has endless possibilities. Here are a few of our favorite mix-in items:
Lemon or Lime Zest
Liquor (This also lowers the freezing temperature giving you a softer ice cream)
MORE MUST-TRY ICE CREAM RECIPES
- Key Lime Pie No-Churn Ice Cream
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Recipe
- Caramel Pretzel Swirl No-Churn Ice Cream
- Coconut Banana Bread
- Copycat Wendy’s Frosty
- Homemade Creamsicle
- Peach Ice Cream
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1- 3oz box banana pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1/2 cup mini vanilla wafers
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, banana pudding mix and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the whipped cream and cookie pieces until incorporated, trying not to overmix and deflate the cream.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze until solid.
- Serve with additional cookie pieces and fresh bananas.
Try adding a swirl of caramel into the mixture before freezing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 .5 quarts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 0gSugar: 56gProtein: 10g
this is an estimate from a third party