This Quick Lasagna Skillet is the ultimate comfort food! A one-pot dinner that is full of flavor, making it a go-to weeknight meal. Made with browned sausage, bow tie pasta, and zesty tomato sauce for an authentic Italian taste.
Serve this with a quick Italian Salad with a side veggie, like my Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts, for a filling meal the entire family will love!
- Quick and Easy Dinner: Lasagna ready in 30 minutes? Yes, please!
- Customizable: Add bonus vegetables, like cooked carrots, zucchini, or spinach, for a healthy kick.
- Freezer Friendly: This makes an amazing freezer meal. Add slightly more sauce and keep in an oven safe freezer container for a quick meal prep recipe.
It is comfort food season and I am ready for all of the pasta dishes. We typically lean toward my Lasagna Stuffed Shells when looking for a good belly warming dinner. It is tasty, loved, and a fan favorite. However, I don’t always have jumbo shells on hand.
Enter this delicious pasta dish.
It is a one-pot version of lasagna that is oh-so easy and just as delicious. Make it with traditional lasagna noodles, or really any noodle you love.
EASY SKILLET LASAGNA INGREDIENTS
In ten quick minutes you have a simmering pot of goodness cooking to perfection.
- Italian sausage or ground beef– Feel free to use what you have on hand. This recipe is extremely forgiving, which means you can swap this for your favorite meat protein!
- Oil– I reach for EVOO when cooking, but regular vegetable oil would work as well.
- Garlic– I buy a large jar of pre minced garlic at costco. It is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner recipe like this!
- Diced tomatoes– You can find these in the canned tomato aisle of most grocery stores. Feel free to use plain or seasoned tomatoes.
- Tomato sauce– NOT pasta sauce. This is the canned tomato sauce you find next to the tomato paste.
- Sugar– Granulated, or white, sugar.
- Red pepper flakes– These add just a touch of spice, but not too much. My ten year old really enjoys this recipe and is not a spice fan.
- Italian seasoning– Alternatively, you could create your own Italian blend by combining dried basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, thyme and garlic powder.
- Salt and Pepper
- Pasta– You could easily substitute other pasta varieties for the bow tie. We like this version simply because it appeals to my little six year old. A penne or ziti might be fun.
- Mozzarella or ricotta – The cheese is for topping. Use what you enjoy.
You could also get creative and swap the meat used. I like to use Italian sausage but we have been known to use ground hamburger in a pinch.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE LASAGNA WITH REGULAR NOODLES
- PREP: Measure all ingredients. Heat a large skillet with oil over medium heat.
- COOK: Brown the sausage, or whatever meat you opt for, until browned. Be sure to break up as you cook to give a good crumble. Stir in the garlic and allow it to cook for one additional minute.
- SIMMER: Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, seasonings and pasts. Cover with water and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- ENJOY: Serve with a dollop of ricotta cheese, sprinkle of Parmesan, or handful of mozzarella.
HELPFUL RECIPE TIPS
Yep! In fact, this pasta is a great recipe to make ahead! Here is our favorite way to meal prep this dish:
Cook the recipe as stated and cool. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Heat servings in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes when ready to enjoy.
I like to divide mine into individual portions. This makes serving super simple and the perfect meal-prep lunch or dinner.
To freeze this skillet dinner, cook according to the directions. Place in an airtight container and, once the pasta is cooled, place in the freezer. This will stay fresh for up to 2 months when stored properly.
To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Simmer in a skillet until heated through before serving, about 10 minutes.
We use any short pasta, like bowtie and macaroni. However, you can really make any pasta work in this dish!
YES! This recipe is so easy to customize. Here are some recipe variations to try:
– Use ground beef or ground turkey in place of sausage.
– Add carrots, spinach, or zucchini for a little extra veggie. Chop them and cook with the meat to slightly soften and ensure even cooking.
MORE MUST-TRY SKILLET DINNERS
MORE DELICIOUS LASAGNA RECIPES
- Ravioli Bake Recipe
- Easy Lasagna Soup
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Cheese Filled Meatball Recipe
Still Hungry? Follow One Sweet Appetite on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Quick Lasagna Skillet
- 1 lb Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes Italian seasoned preferred
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mozzarella optional
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Heat your oil in a large skillet. Add you sausage and cook until browned. Add the garlic and cook one minute more.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and pasta. Pour the water over the top and cover.
- Simmer 20-25 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Top with mozzarella and/or ricotta before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
My Little Italian Kitchen says
Hey this is fantastic! Love this lasagna! So well presented and perfect for a dinner party. I eat pasta every day and I am always on the look for new recipes. Great idea!