This post was updated on by
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich. A large beef roast, beef broth, spices, and beer combine in the slow cooker to make this easy dinner recipe.
I am all about the slow cooker life. It just makes my day run smoothly when I know I don’t have to worry about getting dinner on the table.
Those dump-and-go meals are heaven sent. And this falls straight into the category! All you need is about ten minutes in the morning and a quality cut of meat!
Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Recipe
French Dip Sandwich Ingredients:
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic salt
- Onion salt
- Beef broth
- Beef consommé
- Good quality beer
What kind of meat is used in french dip?
I will typically buy whatever is on sale that week, but the very best cut of meat is a round roast.
The prep work is minimal and the end result is perfection.
How to make a Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich Recipe:
Toss all of your ingredients in the slow cooker before you head out the door.
Let all of the flavors blend together for 8 long hours.
Strain the juices (save those for dipping!), shred the meat, toast the buns, and enjoy!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
I have to admit, my eight year old especially loves these sandwiches which is a big surprise. He is a “no sauce!” kind of guy so the fact that he actually dips his in the juices is a big deal. He gives these two thumbs way up and suggests you all head to the store to make this delicious meal ASAP!
- 3 lb roast*
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (10.5 oz) beef consommé
- 1 can good quality beer
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter, soft
- French rolls
- Mix together the salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt in a small dish. Sprinkle over the roast.
- Place the roast in your slow cooker. Add the beef broth, consomme, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Strain the juice into a container and save fore later.
- Shred your meat. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Slice your rolls in half, spread with butter, toast under the broiler.
- Add meat to the bread. Serve with a side of the broth for dipping.
*I use whatever roast is on sale.
*Use a dark beer for the best flavor.