Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich. A large beef roast, beef broth, spices, and beer combine in the slow cooker to make this easy dinner recipe.
I am all about the slow cooker life. It just makes my day run smoothly when I know I don’t have to worry about getting dinner on the table.
Those dump-and-go meals are heaven sent. And this easy slow cooker French dip falls straight into the category! All you need is about ten minutes in the morning and a quality cut of meat!
What You Need:
I’ll touch over a few of the less common ingredients called for to help break them down further.
- Beef Roast- I typically will reach for whatever is on sale that week. However, if I get to pick I reach for a rump or chuck roast.
- Beef consommé- This can be found in the canned soup aisle.
- Good quality beer- Darker is better. I find that Guinness really kicks things up a notch.
- Rolls- Pick a quality bread. While you can opt for the cheaper rolls, a good made bakery style roll is best.
TIP: Toast your rolls using garlic butter to send this recipe over the edge in flavor!
Step by Step Instructions:
How to make a French Dip Sandwich in a slow cooker. This recipe really could not be easier to make.
- Toss all of your ingredients in the slow cooker at the beginning of your day.
- Let all of the flavors blend together for 8 long hours.
- Strain the juices (save those for dipping!), shred the meat, toast the buns, and enjoy!
What kind of meat is used in french dip?
I will typically buy whatever is on sale that week, but the very best cut of meat is a round roast.
The prep work is minimal and the end result is perfection.
I have to admit, my eight year old especially loves these sandwiches which is a big surprise. He is a “no sauce!” kind of guy so the fact that he actually dips his in the juices is a big deal. He gives these two thumbs way up and suggests you all head to the store to make this delicious meal ASAP!
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- Slow Cooker Taco Soup
- Loaded Potato Soup- Slow Cooked
- The Best Grilled cheese Sandwich
- Sloppy Joe Philly
You might also like my Philly Sliders!
- 3 lb beef roast*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 (10.5 oz) can beef broth
- 1 (10.5 oz) beef consommé
- 1 can good quality beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon butter, soft
- French rolls
- Mix together the salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt in a small dish. Sprinkle over the roast.
- Place the roast in your slow cooker. Add the beef broth, consomme, beer, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Strain the juice into a container and save fore later.
- Shred your meat. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Slice your rolls in half, spread with butter, toast under the broiler.
- Add meat to the bread. Serve with a side of the broth for dipping.
*I use whatever roast is on sale.
*Use a dark beer for the best flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 573Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 604mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 52g
Pin for later: