Introducing this berry-licious Strawberry Milkshake recipe! A sweet blend of luscious strawberries, velvety ice cream, and a sprinkle of pure joy! Say goodbye to ordinary shakes, because this one is a sip of summertime heaven! Whether you’re craving a sweet treat or just in the mood to make your taste buds dance, our strawberry milkshake is your ultimate dose of delightful deliciousness!
Why You’ll Love This Easy Milkshake Recipe
- Bold Strawberry Flavor: This is loaded with berry goodness and the perfect balance of cream.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need five ingredients!
- Summer Time Favorite: We make this all summer long! Try it with other berries for fun variations.
We have a long line of ice cream lovers in my family. It is tradition for my dad to take my son out for the frozen treat every time we visit. They take their time at the counter, checking out every flavor, and ALWAYS end up going with a fresh strawberry milkshake. My dad loves to share with his grandson and always lets him have a little more.
This homemade version is as close to the one in the soda shop they love. It is rich, creamy, and loaded with berry flavor. The secret behind this strawberry flavor explosion is fresh berries. In a pinch, you could get away with the frozen version. They taste similar but when you have ripe fresh produce it really makes things shine.
Strawberry Milkshake Ingredients
The ingredient list for a homemade milkshake is short. This recipe is also amazing with blueberries, raspberries OR peaches so if you feel like being adventurous break out and try new flavors! Keep in mind, because there are minimal ingredients it is important to buy quality products. Ripe berries and a good ice cream are key. Here is what you will need:
- Berries: For this recipe you will need fresh in season berries. I used strawberries, but really any berry would be delicious!
- Milk: Whole milk works best, however you can really use any dairy percentage. We’ve even made this with almond milk and it was a great dairy free option.
- Ice Cream: The end result of your shake will depend on the quality of ice cream. Pick one you know that you love. I’m a big fan of Tillamook.
- Cool Whip: Optional, but adds a touch of berries and cream to the end result. Super delicious addition.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a touch. Vanilla helps to heighten the berry flavor and blends everything into a harmonious balance.
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
Milkshakes are actually super simple to make, and once you have it down you will be whipping up dozens of different versions! Here’s how to make a milkshake:
- PREP: Wash and dry your strawberries. Roughly chop and add to a blender.
- MIX: Add the ice cream, cool whip, milk, and vanilla to the blender with the berries.
- BLEND: Pulse, or blend, for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the milkshake is fully combined and the berries are pureed.
- ENJOY: Divide the shake between two glasses, top with whipped cream if desired, and enjoy!
- Blender: I love my blendtec (affiliate), but we tested this with a basic blender (affiliate) that was a smidge more affordable and it worked just as well.
- Liquid Measuring Cups: A good set of measuring cups (affiliate) is actually a key piece of equipment for any kitchen. This is the set that I have and it has lasted me more than 15 years.
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. It will make your milkshake thicker. You may need to add a little extra milk.
Absolutely! You can use any plant-based milk as a dairy-free alternative, and it will still result in a delicious strawberry milkshake.
For a thinner consistency, add more milk. For a thicker milkshake, reduce the amount of milk or add more ice cream.
It’s best to enjoy the milkshake immediately after preparing it to retain its freshness and texture. However, you can refrigerate it for a short while before serving.
es, you can use low-fat or fat-free milk if you prefer a lighter version of the milkshake.
Strawberry and Cream Milkshake
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2½ cups vanilla ice cream
- 2/3 cup Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream optional
- Wash and dry the strawberries. Roughly chop and add to a blender.
- Add the ice cream, cool whip, milk, and vanilla to the blender with the berries.
- Pulse, or blend, for about 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the milkshake is fully combined and the berries are pureed.
- Divide the shake between two glasses, top with whipped cream if desired, and enjoy!
I’m also super excited to share a few recipes from my other favorite bloggers! This list of strawberry goodness is sure to help you celebrate National Strawberries and Cream day and add a little sweetness to your menu!
Strawberries and Cream Crumb Bars // Dessert Now Dinner Later
Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal // Tried and Tasty
Strawberries and Cream Puffs // Eazy Peazy Mealz
Strawberries & Cream Beignets // A Dash of Sanity
Strawberries and Cream Poke Cake // Like Mother Like Daughter
Strawberries and Cream Danishes // A Kitchen Addiction
Strawberries and Cream Sodas // Cupcake Diaries