These Chunky Monkey Pancakes are loaded with banana and topped with sweet chocolate chips. Don’t forget to make a large batch and keep some stashed in the freezer!
Yes… They are loaded with chocolate… covered in chocolate syrup… and contain sugar… BUT they do have banana’s in them! That has to count for something, right? Let’s face it, sometimes you just have to give in and make something delicious and comforting for breakfast.
These are true kid pleasers. Dax inhaled his in record time. Which is impressive considering bananas are on the top of his “I REALLY HATE THOSE” list. It probably had something to do with the chocolate chips and syrup hiding the flavor. These are definitely NOT going to be every day pancakes but are worth making every now and again.
While they went over great with my four year old I felt the chocolate chips were an overkill for my personal tastes. Next time I’ll cook half of the batter first before adding them in and possibly even top things off with peanut butter. Can you believe how amazing that combo will be? It’s like a little bite of salty sweet heaven.
- 1 C. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 3/4 C. buttermilk
- 3 T. melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, diced
- 1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 C. chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, powder, soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the bananas, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle. (I use a 1/4 C. measuring cup per each cake). Cook until the sides are slightly browned and the pancake starts to form little bubbles on the top. Flip and cook until browned.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup, or for a little extra kick add chocolate syrup
PS, you might like…
This post may contain affiliate links. I include these links to help you find specific products that are used in my recipes. If you purchase an item from the link on One Sweet Appetite, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you.
One Sweet Appetite is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com18