This post was updated on by
Chunky Monkey Pancakes. Fluffy flavor packed pancakes made with overripe bananas and sprinkled with chocolate chips. The perfect breakfast recipe.
Health conscious parents look away.
We recently discovered a new favorite flavor for Pancake Sunday.
In other words, we created a pancake loaded with banana flavor and sprinkled with chocolate chips. The only word that can be used to describe this indulgent breakfast?
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
This recipe is a kid favorite.
Every Sunday we make pancakes as a family. Our go-to is mainly the classic Buttermilk Pancake.
This recipe is slowly making its way up the list.
How do you make pancakes light and fluffy?
- Hand mix. Over mixed batter tends to sink. Mix only until your ingredients are incorporated.
- Flip only once. Wait until you see the edges of your pancake starting to curl and bubbles on top before flipping the first time.
- Use fresh ingredients. Baking powder and soda should be fresh. This helps your pancake rise and fluff.
How to make pancakes from scratch:
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, powder, soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and butter. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the bananas, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Pour the batter onto the griddle. (I use a 1/4 C. measuring cup per each cake). Cook until the sides are slightly browned and the pancake starts to form little bubbles on the top. Flip and cook until browned.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.