Easy Apple Crisp made with fresh apples uses cereal for a sweet and crunchy topping! Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Fall is here.
That means it is time for apple everything. The sweet fruit pairs well with almost everything (have you seen my pork chops??).
Especially desserts. Which is why I could not wait to make this recipe.
Easy Apple Crisp Recipe
Can you believe something so yummy came from a box of cereal??
My favorite way to eat this is to top it with a giant scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. The ice cream melts right into the apples blending the flavors and creating a beautiful blend of flavors.
If you are not a fan of the honey roasted you can try almond or vanilla bunches.
I love how great Post cereals are for creating unique and healthy autumn-inspired recipes.
- 2-1/2 lbs of apples, peeled and chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 + 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey bunches of oats cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, diced
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the apples, lemon juice, zest, 1/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour into your prepared dish.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, 1/3 cup sugar, cereal, butter, and salt. Mix until resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle on top of your apples and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.