This post was updated on by
These peach pork chops are the perfect fall dinner!
Good news! I found a way to use up some of these delicious in season peaches and not in a dessert! I am all about the quick easy dinners and this one is no exception to that rule. It’s SIMPLE and tastes amazing. Like lick-the-extra-sauce-off-your-plate good. I may have shoved my husband out of the way to get to the last of the sauce in the pan. The peaches combined with the balsamic and onions create a blend of flavors that just melts in your mouth. If you are trying to impress someone with a fancy meal… this is it.
While it may look (and taste) super complicated it’s actually a fairly simple dish. It took me a whopping 30 minutes to get the put together, cooked, and on the table. That means dinner is ready in under an hour! Woot!
I used my Le Creuset French (Dutch) Oven but any cast iron or oven safe skillet will do. I prefer the Creuset because it is SO easy to clean but my husband likes the flavor that comes with a cast iron. Whatever you chose just make sure it’s something you can stick in the oven.
- 2 pork chops
- 2 cups sliced peaches
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper and place in your heated pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Remove the pork and place on a plate.
- In the same skillet combine the peaches, onion, and balsamic. Stir and cook for one minute. Place the pork on top of the peach mixture and put into the oven.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Recipe only slightly adapted from Real Simple. This post contains affiliate links.