This light and fluffy strawberry whipped cream needs just 4 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes. Perfect on top of your favorite cake or served as a fruit dip!
I have always had a soft spot for whipped cream. It is so light, creamy, and has the perfect balance of sweetness.
HOWEVER, adding fruit kicks things up about ten notches. Seriously.
Our favorite? Strawberries. The flavor pairs beautifully with so many desserts, and it gives you an elegant finish to your recipe that will knock the socks off of everyone!
Keep reading for some of my best tips and ways you can make this recipe with fresh or frozen berries.
Ingredients to make whipped cream with strawberries:
There are only four ingredients you need for this recipe. Two are pantry staples (items that are commonly found in your kitchen already)!
- Fresh Strawberries- Ripe fresh berries. If you can find somewhere to pick your own, even better!
- Heavy Cream- I always reach for whipping cream. It has a higher fat content which helps it reach stiff peaks faster.
- Vanilla Extract- Always use pure vanilla extract, not imitation.
- Powdered Sugar- Finely ground sugar that is used for making frostings. I find that this gives it a smooth, less grainy, finish.
Tips for this recipe:
This recipe is pretty basic and perfect for beginners. That being said, I also wanted to include a few of my favorite tips that might make it even easier and ensure perfect whipped cream every. single. time.
- Wash your berries in a mixture of 1 part vinegar 3 parts water right after you purchase them. This isn’t necessary, but it really helps extend the life of your fruit! Make sure they are dry and store with a paper towel in an airtight container.
- Use cold ingredients. This will help the cream whip faster and hold its shape longer.
- Chill your mixing bowl and whisk, or whisk attachment, for the same reason as using chilled ingredients.
- Puree your berries until they are super smooth. I use a high powered blender or my food processor. You don’t want many seeds in the texture.
- Keep your finished whipped cream stored in the the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
How to make strawberry whipped cream with fresh berries:
- Pulse berries in a high powered blender or food processor until smooth, or until you get 1/4 cup of puree. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream into a chilled mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Whisk on high speed until peaks start to form.
- Stir in the vanilla, powdered sugar, 1/4 cup puree.
- Whip an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until a light and fluffy texture is achieved.
- Spoon or pipe onto your favorite desserts.
Recipes to use with this whipped cream:
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Stuffed French Toast with Strawberries
- Five Minute Strawberry Dessert
- 1/2 cup strawberries, more or less as needed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pulse berries in a high powered blender or food processor until smooth, or until you get 1/4 cup of puree. Set aside.
2. Add the heavy cream into a chilled mixing bowl, or the bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Whisk on high speed until peaks start to form.
4. Stir in the vanilla, powdered sugar, 1/4 cup puree.
5. Whip an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until a light and fluffy texture is achieved.
6. Spoon or pipe onto your favorite desserts.