This Chocolate Cake Shot goes down easily and is one of our favorite shooters you can make at home! Effortless to whip up and deliciously tempting!
Celebrating? This boozy treat is great served with a slice of our Best Chocolate Cake! Insanely delicious and a fan favorite.
- Easy: You can whip up a batch of chocolate cake shots in minutes with just 4 simple ingredients.
- Tasty: You will not believe how much this tastes like chocolate cake!
- Perfect for Celebrating: Sometimes called a birthday cake shot, this is ideal for celebrating or special occasions.
This shooter recipe is so sneaky. My sister introduced me to it and my brother introduced it to her. When she first had me try it I was so skeptical. Shots are not my normal go-to, but she insisted this was a game changer.
Deceptively delicious and surprising, considering there is ZERO chocolate in the recipe. This tastes like you blended a slice of chocolate cake and put it into the glass. Rich chocolate flavor, thanks to hazelnut liqueur, and served with a lemon. Try it. It really tastes like rich and fluffy chocolate cake!
CHOCOLATE CAKE SHOTS INGREDIENTS
Here is the secret to a good shooter; use quality liquor. You can order these at almost any bar and the bartender will tell you the same. Quality product will give you the perfect chocolate cake flavor.
- Hazelnut Liqueur: Frangelico is really the only one we have tried with this recipe. It is what my brother used when he taught my sister, and what she used to teach me.
- Vodka: Here’s where you can get creative. I have used local brands, like Five Wives, citron vodka, or vanilla. However, I recommend sticking with a traditional vodka to start. It is already a sweet drink.
- Lemon: The surprise ingredient. I promise it will blow your mind.
- Sugar: Just a touch right on the lemon slice. This
HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE CAKE SHOT
- PREP: Gather ingredients and slice lemons. Dip the lemon you’ll be using in sugar.
- MIX: Pour 3/4 oz of hazelnut liqueur and 3/4 oz vodka in a shot glass.
- SHOOT: Drink the shot then suck on the lemon.
- Cocktail Shaker: I don’t mind serving these directly in the glass, but some people really enjoy mixing in a cocktail shaker (affiliate).
- Paring Knife: Slicing lemons is quick and easy when you use a quality knife (affiliate).
- Shot Glasses: My sister collects shot glasses from all of her travels. Tall shot glasses (affiliate) are by far our favorite to use.
- Make sure the lemon wedges are coated well in sugar.
- Want a sweeter drink? Use 1 full oz of hazelnut liqueur and 1/2 an oz of vodka.
- To make multiple shots at once, line shot glasses on a table and measure out the liquor into each. Add a lemon wedge on top and serve.
- Alternatively, you can line the rim of the glass with sugar instead of the lemon. However, we find that using the lemon as a sugar spoon gives you a much better flavor experience.
Yes! Line up shot glasses, pour in the liquors, and go!
Yes. However, we prefer straight unflavored vodka. Vanilla vodka adds an extra level of sweetness and this shooter is already incredibly sweet. If you’re looking for more, try a citron or berry vodka for added flavor.
Hazelnut liqueur is a sweetened spirit that has a slight nutty flavor. The most commonly used brand is Frangelico. It lands on the more expensive side of brands, but is delicious in shots, coffee and so many other casual drinks.
This chocolate cake shot is high on the potent list. Drinking two is equivalent to one straight shot of vodka.
MORE MUST-TRY COCKTAILS
- The Best Pitcher Margaritas
- Butterbeer Cocktail
- Blackberry Mojito
- Single Serve Sangria
- Apple Pie Moonshine
- 1 lemon wedge
- 3/4 oz hazelnut liqueur
- 3/4 oz vodka
- Slice the lemon into wedges.
- Roll the lemon into sugar to coat.
- Add the hazelnut liqueur and vodka to a shot glass.
- Shoot and follow with sucking on the lemon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g