This homemade cinnamon crunch granola recipe is a family favorite! Full of flavor and the perfect snack recipe!
I have a few granola recipes on my site already, but this NEW version is quickly becoming a favorite. Filled with ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and toasted pecans… You will easily find yourself enjoying it by the handful!
Oh, and did I mention it makes your home smell INCREDIBLE as it bakes?! My husband, a non granola eater, walked in the door as I had this in the oven, paused at the kitchen and took a giant deep breathe. He said it smells like heaven.
Homemade Cinnamon Granola Ingredients:
If you have never made your own granola before I am sure you are wondering what ingredients you need. The answer might surprise you. The list below breaks down what I used in this recipe and possible substitutions. The biggest ingredient you HAVE to use is the egg white. This helps to bind things together and gives you big beautiful clusters.
- Oats- Rolled oats are the variety you want to use in homemade granola. These are also referred to as old fashioned or whole oats.
- Brown Sugar- Just a touch. You can substitute this or take it out completely if you desire.
- Oil- I highly suggest coconut oil or another flavor free variety. I use unrefined. It doesn’t add flavor and makes sure the cinnamon and maple shine.
- Real Maple Syrup- Alternatively you could use honey. We like the maple flavor that is added by using a pure maple.
- Pecans- If you aren’t a fan of pecans, cashews are a great substitute. OR you could use both! Even consider seeds (maybe pumpkin?).
- Egg White- This is what helps with creating those big beautiful granola clusters.
What do you eat with granola?
Your cinnamon granola is in the oven and you are about to have a heaping amount ready to be devoured. Here are our absolute favorite ways to use homemade granola:
- Sprinkled on yogurt. This is by far the most popular. We like to take yogurt, fruit, and granola to create a quick breakfast or snack. Almost like a parfait.
- Made into granola bars – I have a few recipes for this on my site already! Granola bars are a great grab-and-go snack!
- As a topping for pies or muffins. Sprinkle on top just before baking.
- Added to smoothies (this one would be amazing with a peach smoothie!)
- Sprinkled over oatmeal for a nice added crunch.
- By the handful. Because it is super good all on its own.
- Large Sheet Pan– In order to get the granola crisp, you will need a nice sized baking sheet. I really like this one and use it for all of my baking needs. It comes in a set of 3 with two smaller options.
- Silicone Baking Mat– Not crucial, but oh-so wonderful. These help keep items from sticking to your pan and are my all-time favorite, especially when making cookies!
- Silicone Spatulas– A soft silicone spatula will help to scrape all of the liquids from the side of your bowl and onto the granola.
How to make granola from scratch:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment. Set aside.
- Add the oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pecans to a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place the coconut oil and maple syrup in a medium measuring cup. Heat for 10 to 20 seconds, or until the oil has combined. Gently whisk the vanilla in with a fork.
- Pour the liquid over your oat mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- Whisk the egg white until foamy. Drizzle over the mixture and give it one last toss to coat.
- Turn the granola onto your prepared pan. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Allow to cool completely before packaging.
Homemade granola, if stored properly, can be kept for up to six months. Keep in an airtight container in a cool dry place. I like to use mason jars.
More Granola Recipes:
- Best Chocolate Granola
- Homemade Vanilla Granola
- Pumpkin Granola Recipe
- Banana Bread Granola
- Coconut Granola with Chocolate
More Cinnamon Recipes:
Cinnamon Crunch Granola Recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans or cashews
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a large baking tray with a silicone baking mat or parchment. Set aside.
- 2. Add the oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and pecans to a large mixing bowl. Gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- 3. Place the coconut oil and maple syrup in a medium measuring cup. Heat for 10 to 20 seconds, or until the oil has combined. Gently whisk the vanilla in with a fork.
- 4. Pour the liquid over your oat mixture. Gently toss to combine.
- 5. Whisk the egg white until foamy. Drizzle over the mixture and give it one last toss to coat.
- 6. Turn the granola onto your prepared pan. Spread into an even layer.
- 7. Bake 30 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Allow to cool completely before packaging.