This Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe is the perfect blend of flavors, combining tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and zesty Cajun spices. Bursting with robust flavors and a touch of heat, resulting in a symphony of tastes that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re a pasta lover or an aficionado of bold, zesty cuisine, this delectable creation is sure to impress.
Why You Should Make This Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- Perfect Copycat: If you love Chili’s cajun chicken pasta, this recipe is for you. Just as rich and creamy as their version with the comfort of enjoying in your own home.
- My Personal Favorite: I’ve made this recipe over 30 times. It’s my go-to pasta dish and one of my must-try recipes. So good and hard to share.
- Easy To Customize: I used grilled chicken but you could easily use shrimp OR skip the meat and add more veggies!
“Thank you for this recipe. I just made it and it is delicious! “
This cajun chicken pasta recipe is HOT over on Pinterest! Dozens of people have made it in the last week alone and everyone is raving! So good, full of veggies, and the most rich creamy sauce you will ever try. It’s one of my favorite ways to sneak a hefty dose of vegetables into our menu without complaint from our pickiest eater.
The teen devours this dish and always requests seconds. A perfect dupe to my favorite restaurant recipe with the added bonus of being freezer friendly! You will love this quick dinner, my friends.
One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta Ingredients
I could talk about the ingredients in this pasta for hours, but will leave you with a quick snip of what you need. For a full list of ingredients and measurements see the recipe card below.
- Chicken: Grilled chicken is my go-to but you could also use rotisserie or any leftover chicken you have on hand.
- Vegetables: Key here is to use what you love. I browsed the fridge and had mushrooms, peppers, and onion. Which happens to also be our favorite combination.
- Spices: The spices you add are key to the flavor explosion that comes with every bite. You’ll need red pepper flakes, a quality cajun seasoning, and salt and pepper. Simple yet delicious.
- Cream: Heavy cream should be used. In a pinch you could substitute milk and a tiny bit of cornstarch.
- Parmesan cheese: Use block cheese that you grate fresh. Not the powdered bottled kind.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- PREP: Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- SAUTE: Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Stir in the peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Cook until tender and onions are slightly translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook one minute longer.
- SAUCE: Stir in the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer. Stir together the cornstarch and hot water until dissolved. Add to your sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- ENJOY: Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and chicken. Serve immediately.
- Liquid Measuring Cups: A good set of measuring cups (affiliate) is actually a key piece of equipment for any kitchen. This is the set that I have and it has lasted me more than 15 years.
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
- Cutting Boards: Using a sharp chef knife and a good set of cutting boards (affiliate) will help this recipe come together quickly.
Yes! If you are looking to shake up your protein options you can substitute shrimp, andouille sausage, or even turkey for a leaner option.
I’ve tested several different pasta varieties to serve with this recipe. Our favorites are penne, fusilli, farfalle, and rotini.
Ultimately, the choice of pasta comes down to personal preference. Feel free to experiment and choose the pasta shape you enjoy the most or even mix different shapes for a visually appealing and flavorful dish.
Yes. It’s fairly simple to lower the spice level of this dish. If you’re looking for less heat, simply lower the amount of red pepper flakes to 1/4 of a teaspoon or remove completely. For extra spice, stir in an additional 1/4 teaspoon of red flakes.
Yes. We’ve had success making this with half and half in place of the cream.
Freezing can be a convenient option to preserve the dish and extend its shelf life. Cajun chicken pasta can typically be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy the frozen leftovers, thaw the desired portion in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat it thoroughly in the microwave or on the stovetop until it reaches the desired temperature, stirring occasionally to ensure even heating. Add a splash of water or a little extra sauce if needed to revive the flavors and moisture.
Remember that freezing and reheating may slightly alter the texture of the pasta, but it should still be enjoyable.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes To Try
Love this recipe? Try my:
- Homemade Alfredo
- Quick Pasta Salad
- Veggie Packed Pasta Sauce
- Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
- Simple Lasagna
- Easy Pasta Bake
Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 each yellow red, and green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- fresh basil to garnish
- 8 oz pasta
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Stir in the peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Cook until tender and onions are slightly translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook one minute longer.
- Stir in the cream and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir together the cornstarch and hot water until dissolved. Add to your sauce and cook until slightly thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and chicken.
- Serve immediately.