Cake batter and white chocolate dipped pretzels make this fun a birthday treat! Birthday Cake Pretzels are sweet, salty and completely irresistible!
Ya’ll. THIS treat recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Cake mix is whisked into melted chocolate giving you the most amazing candy coating. You can really use it for ANYTHING.
I opted for mini pretzels. The combination gives you a sweet/salty treat that is perfect for celebrating any birthday!
How to make chocolate dipped pretzels:
- Melt white chocolate in a medium bowl. Stir in a little shortening to help thin out the chocolate.
- Add shifted cake mix (the powder) to the chocolate. Stir until no lumps remain.
- Dip your pretzels, making sure to tap off any excess.
- Transfer to a sheet of wax paper.
- Immediately add colored sprinkles for that fun birthday cake look.
Once your dipped pretzels have set, they are ready to be eaten!
The hard candy coating makes them ideal for packaging. We frequently give these out as gifts for so many occasions. You will love the surprise cake flavor that sneaks through the sweet chocolate!
How long do chocolate dipped pretzels stay fresh?
If you store the pretzels correctly, they should last up to 3 weeks! Here are a few tips to help you get a long shelf life from this fun dessert.
- Use fresh ingredients.
- Dip the pretzels completely in the chocolate.
- Store in a clean dry container that seals completely.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
How to make birthday cake pretzels:
Cake Batter Pretzels
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Bark melted
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix shifted
- 1 bag small pretzels
- sprinkles of choice
- Stir the almond bark and shortening together until fully combined. Add in the shifted cake mix until no lumps are showing.
- Dip each pretzel until covered. Place on waxed paper, cover in sprinkles, and allow to set.