This post was updated on by
This super simple cake batter ice cream requires no mixer! All you need are five simple ingredients and a freezer safe container!
Ya’ll know I looooove a good no-churn ice cream. This recipe is high on my list of favorites. It is so easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, most of which you probably have in your pantry or fridge!
No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients for Cake Batter Ice Cream without a mixer:
- sweetened condensed milk
- heavy cream
- yellow cake mix
- vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
What is no-churn ice cream?
No churn ice cream is an ice cream recipe that does not require a machine to be made.
Does no-churn ice cream taste good?
Yes! Surprisingly, no-churn ice cream still has a rich and creamy texture. The secret is in the whipped cream! It provides the perfect base and freezes beautifully.
How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker:
- Stir the milk, cake mix, and vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream until soft peeks form. Gently fold into the milk mixture. Pour into a large air tight container.
- If you want to add sprinkles… sprinkle across the top and gently stir in with a knife.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight
Tips for this recipe:
I LOVE this recipe for so many reasons (as previously stated). One of the big ones is that it is so simple to customize. Here are a few tips to ensure you get perfect ice cream every single time!
- Play around with your mix-ins. You can get pretty creative with some of the fun things you add to this recipe. I have been known to stir in chocolate syrup, candy pieces, food coloring, and even caramel!
- Whip the whipped cream until stiff. This is the secret to the natural creamy texture you want to get. The air whipped into the cream helps the ice cream freeze into that smooth finish we all know and love.
- Use a quality air tight freezer container.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles (optional)
1. Stir the milk, cake mix, and vanilla in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whip the heavy cream until soft peeks form. Gently fold into the milk mixture. Pour into a large air tight container.
3. If you want to add sprinkles… sprinkle across the top and gently stir in with a knife.
4. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight