This post was updated on by
Reindeer Sugar Cookies. Cookie decorating is a joy with these holiday favorites! All you need is baked cookies, chocolate frosting, pretzels, vanilla wafers, and M&M’s to recreate these adorable little deer!
Oh, deer (see what I did there??).
These adorable sugar cookies are about to steal your heart.
I mean really, how can you beat a cookie that is:
- Insanely easy to make.
- A perfect kid friendly activity.
- Look super impressive on your cookie tray.
You can not. That is the answer to the question.
Reindeer Sugar Cookies
I wish you could have joined me in the kitchen as I made these with my son.
He was belting out “On Dasher! On Dancer! On Ralph! On Henry!”
… We maybe need to practice our Christmas tunes a bit.
Point is, this is the PERFECT project to do all on your own or with your kids. You cannot mess it up.
If you do just squint your eyes and let everyone know that specific cookie has character.
A few tips before I let you go…
Be sure to grab the mini vanilla wafers. The smaller size is perfect for little deer noses.
Canned or homemade frosting will work with this recipe.
Do not fret about getting perfect antlers. Break your pretzels in half and pair up similar looking styles.
- 1 batch of sugar cookies,, baked
- your favorite chocolate frosting, homemade or canned
- mini pretzels
- mini vanilla wafers
- m&m candies
- edible eyes, found in most baking aisles or online
- Spread a generous amount of chocolate frosting onto your sugar cookie.
- Place a dot of chocolate frosting onto the “m” side of either a red or brown m&m. Secure the candy onto your vanilla wafer for the nose and place onto your sugar cookie.
- Add the eyes and pretzels for the finishing touch! You can either leave the pretzels whole or break them for a more authentic antler appearance.