This post was updated on by
This easy Homemade Snickerdoodle Latte Recipe brings the flavor of cookies to your morning cup of coffee! The secret? Cinnamon and nutmeg. No fancy equipment needed!
Things I love about this recipe:
- It is so stinken simple to whip up.
- You don’t need any special equipment.
- It tastes AMAZING.
Coffee is my life line. I used to love to hit Starbucks before work every day, but that starts to add up. Since I started working from home I decided it might not be the best habit to keep up, BUT I was not ready to give up my morning cup. I started to experiment and have come up with some insanely delicious recipes that rival my favorites at Starbucks. Including this one.
Copycat Starbucks Snickerdoodle Latte Recipe
Ingredients for a snickerdoodle latte:
- Coffee or Espresso
- Brown Sugar
How to add cinnamon to your coffee:
One of my favorite ways to add flavor, without the extra addition of milk frothing, is adding spices directly to my coffee. There is a secret to this, but once you’ve mastered it you’ll never go back. This method isn’t required for this recipe, but an easy alternative for when you’re in a hurry.
Here is how to add cinnamon, or other spices, to your morning coffee:
- Place a coffee grounds in the filter of your coffee maker.
- Sprinkle with a hefty amount of ground cinnamon (I do about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon per 1/4 cup coffee grounds).
- Run the coffee maker as normal.
I mention that you don’t need any fancy equipment for this recipe and here’s why: We’re frothing the milk in a mason jar. I’ve been doing this for YEARS. It’s an easy way to whip up your own latte at home without investing in anything special. The secret? Use whole milk and put some muscle into shaking that mason jar!
How to froth milk in a mason jar:
- Add whole milk to a mason jar. Fill it only half full to make sure you have a lot of room for froth to build.
- Secure the lid and shake that jar as hard as you can for one full minute.
- Remove the lid and microwave for 30 seconds. This helps bring the foam to the top and stabilize it.
- Pour the milk into your coffee and spoon the foam on top.
How to make a snickerdoodle latte at home:
Pour the hot coffee into a large mug and set aside.
Add the brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk into a 16 oz mason jar. Secure the lid and shake as hard as you can for one minute.
Remove the lid from the jar and microwave for 30 seconds. This will help the foam rise and stabilize.
Pour the warm sweetened milk into your coffee and spoon the foam on top.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1/2 cup hot strong brewed coffee or espresso
- 1-2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pour the hot coffee into a large mug and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and milk into a 16 oz mason jar. Secure the lid and shake as hard as you can for one minute.
- Remove the lid from the jar and microwave for 30 seconds. This will help the foam rise and stabilize.
- Pour the warm sweetened milk into your coffee and spoon the foam on top.
- Combine the 3/4 teaspoon sugar and remaining cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir until fully incorporated and sprinkle on top of the foam. Serve immediately.