We’re diving into the world of savory simplicity with a chicken parmesan bake that’s practically a culinary magic trick. With just five ingredients—chicken breast, marinara, a dash of seasoning, ooey-gooey cheese, and a surprise twist of croutons—we’re about to turn your weeknight dinner game into a standing ovation. Let’s get cheesy!
I’ve partnered with Livia’s Seasoning Salt to bring you this super simple 5-Ingredient dinner. They’ve mastered the all-purpose seasoning with the perfect blend of kosher salt, pepper, and garlic. All opinions are my own and like always I only share products that I truly love and use in my own home.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Bake
- 5-Ingredients: I’m a sucker for recipes that include five ingredients or less and this one lands firmly in that category!
- Flavor Packed: Don’t let the short list of ingredients fool you! Thanks to the addition of your favorite marinara, and a hefty sprinkle of Livia’s, this chicken packs a flavor punch!
- Customizable: Great as-is but also easy to customize to your taste. Add extra veggies, pasta, or even different proteins for fun variations on this casserole dish.
Have you ever needed a quick, easy, delicious, and filling dinner but lacked the motivation? I’ve got you. This oven chicken parm is ready to bake in minutes and checks all of the boxes when it comes to a family approved meal. It’s filling, loaded with flavor, and picky eater approved.
What exactly are you in for? Imagine a symphony of flavors dancing on your taste buds! The chicken parmesan bake boasts juicy, tender chicken infused with the tangy embrace of marinara sauce. The seasoning adds a touch of Italian charm, while the melted cheese forms a creamy, gooey layer of comfort. And don’t forget the croutons – they bring a delightful crunch that perfectly complements the ensemble. It’s like a harmonious blend of hearty, cheesy, and oh-so-satisfying notes that will leave you craving more.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole Ingredients
With only a handful of ingredients, this is surely about to become one of your all-time favorites! Here is what you need to get started:
- Chicken: I like to use chicken breast for this casserole. Boneless skinless chicken breast keeps things streamlined and hassle-free. These lean cuts cook evenly and quickly, so you’re not left with overcooked edges and undercooked centers. Plus, they’re a blank canvas for soaking up all that delicious marinara, seasoning, and melty cheese.
- Seasoning: There is only one seasoning we reach for and that’s Livia’s. Simply put, Livia’s Seasoning Salt is an all-natural, proprietary blend of the KEY3 ingredients of Kosher salt, coarse-ground black pepper & garlic. Simple ingredients that once combined brings flavors together and yet allows them to shine authentically. It’s my secret ingredient in the kitchen and good on just about everything!
- Marinara: Here is where you can really start to play with the flavors. I opted for a garlic marinara sauce that I knew my family would love. We’ve also used a classic marinara and meat sauce with great success.
- Cheese: Italian blend, mozzarella, and/or parmesan. The cheese is sprinkled over the top and easily one of the best parts of the dish.
- Croutons: Optional, but croutons add a delightful crunch that was my picky eaters favorite part. You can even break them up slightly before adding for a smaller bite.
Chicken Parmesan Bake Recipe
As far as easy dinners go, this one takes the cake. It is so simple to prep that even your kids can help!
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim any fat pieces from the chicken and slice or pound to even thickness. Place in an even layer inside of a 9×13 pan.
- LAYER: Season the chicken on both sides with the Livia’s Seasoning Salt. Pour an even layer of marinara sauce over the top of the chicken, adding more seasoning if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
- BAKE: Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Check the bake about halfway through. If you notice that the croutons are browning too quickly you can cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
- ENJOY: Serve this dish immediately and enjoy with your favorite sides! It would be excellent with a little pasta or fresh basil.
- 9×13 pan: I really love my OXO Baking Dishes (affiliate). They come with lids which make for quick storage of leftovers.
- Livia’s Seasoning Salt: Livia, the creator behind Livia’s Seasoning Salt, (affiliate) developed her eponymous blend in her home kitchen in 1938. She gave batches of her famous salt to all who visited and whom she loved.Still today, Livia’s Seasoning Salt makes the perfect gift. An easy hostess gift, housewarming present or stocking stuffer, Livia’s is easy to love. Give the gift of good food to anyone who cooks, grills, or eats.
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
Absolutely! Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work like a charm for this recipe, ensuring quick and even cooking.
Nope! We’re keeping things effortless. The chicken cooks to tender perfection right in the casserole dish.
Feel free to get creative, but marinara’s tangy richness complements the dish beautifully. Give it a shot!
They’re the delightful surprise that brings a satisfying crunch. However, you can omit or substitute with breadcrumbs if you prefer.
Absolutely! Toss in some diced tomatoes, spinach, or sautéed mushrooms for extra texture and flavor.
Leftover chicken parmesan casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Just be sure to reheat it thoroughly to enjoy the cheesy deliciousness all over again!
Chicken Parmesan Bake Recipe
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Livia's Seasoning Salt salt, pepper, and garlic blend
- 1½ cups marinara
- 1½ cups Italian blend cheese shredded
- 2 cups croutons
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim any fat pieces from the chicken and slice or pound to even thickness. Place in an even layer inside of a 9×13 pan.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the Livia’s seasoning.
- Pour an even layer of marinara sauce over the top of the chicken, adding more seasoning if desired. Sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
- Bake the casserole for 35 to 40 minutes, checking the bake about halfway through. If you notice that the croutons are browning too quickly you can cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.
- Dish is done cooking when the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve this dish immediately and enjoy with your favorite sides! It would be excellent with a little pasta or fresh basil.