This strawberry cream cheese recipe is a blend of creamy dreams and berrylicious perfection. It’s like a sweet symphony of strawberries and cream, dancing harmoniously on a bagel or a warm slice of toast. So go ahead, spread the love and get ready to savor a schmear that’ll make you say, “Oh, berry good!”
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Spread
- Super Easy: This is such a simple way to elevate your breakfast or brunch.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need a handful of ingredients to whip this up!
- Light and Fluffy: Unlike other strawberry cream cheese recipes, this one is whipped to make it nice and fluffy!
I’m here today to introduce you to a sweet addition to your table that you never knew you were missing. This strawberry cream cheese is an insanely simple dish that takes your bagel game to the next level.
Better than the store bought version, so many ways to customize, and given the stamp of approval from my very picky teenager. He said it’s like a flavor explosion with the perfect balance of sweet berry and tangy cream cheese. We whip up a batch every week and it almost never lasts longer than a few days before the bowl is licked clean.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Ingredients
Be sure you check out the notes below. I’ve included a few ways you can customize this recipe, and some of the suggestions may surprise you!
- Cream Cheese: The biggest tip here is to purchase block cream cheese, and not the spread. Blocked cream cheese is a solid and dense form primarily used for baking and cooking, while cream cheese spread is a softer and more spreadable. The spread will get too runny after the addition of the berries.
- Berries: I used strawberries, but you really can get pretty creative with which berries you use in this recipe. I’d also recommend adding a touch of lemon zest for a delightful pop of freshness!
- Powdered Sugar: Optional, but adding a touch of sugar really does elevate this dish. It helps tone down the tang of the cheese and heightens the sweet berry flavor.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a splash, to help balance the flavors.
- Heavy Cream: Optional, but I recommend giving it a try. It lightens the spread and makes it nearly irresistible.
How To Make A Strawberry Cream Cheese
There are two ways to make this recipe. The first, and my favorite, is in a stand mixer. However, we also tested this with a blender and it worked well! Here is how to make this easy fruit spread:
- CHOP: Wash and chop the berries, gently soaking up any additional liquid before adding to the cream cheese.
- MIX: Combined all of the ingredients in a stand mixer that is fitted with the paddle attachment, or a high powdered blender. Mix at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined well.
- WHIP: Scrape the sides of the mixer and continue to whip for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- ENJOY: Spread onto pastries, bagels, or toast and enjoy!
NOTE: If you opt for the blender version your mixture should only be pulsed for 1 to 2 minutes. Watch closely to make sure the cream cheese does not over mix.
- Cutting Boards: Using a sharp chef knife and a good set of cutting boards (affiliate) will help this recipe come together quickly.
- Airtight Container: Test out this set of bowls with lids (affiliate). Perfect sized and one of my most-used kitchen items!
- Silicone Spatulas: If I can only recommend one kitchen tool, it would be a set of silicone spatulas (affiliate). These are so versatile and used daily in our kitchen. Great for baking AND cooking.
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in this recipe. However, make sure to thaw and drain them before using. Fresh strawberries will provide the best flavor and texture, but frozen strawberries can still work if you don’t have fresh ones available.
Whipped strawberry cream cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5-7 days. However, it’s best to consume it within the first few days for optimal freshness and flavor.
Absolutely! You can customize the whipped strawberry cream cheese by adding other flavors or mix-ins. Some popular options include a dash of lemon zest, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or even a drizzle of honey. Feel free to experiment and add your favorite complementary flavors.
This spread is amazingly delicious on a toasted bagel or toast. You could also use it on pancakes, waffles or french toast.
I do not recommend using this recipe as a fruit dip. If you are searching for a way to sweeten up your fruit I suggest trying my fluffy fruit dip.
Strawberry Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup strawberries washed and chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream optional
- Wash and chop the berries, gently soaking up any additional liquid before adding to the cream cheese.
- Combined all of the ingredients in a stand mixer that is fitted with the paddle attachment. * Mix at medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes, or until combined well.
If using the cream:
- Scrape the sides of the mixer and continue to whip for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Spread onto pastries, bagels, or toast and enjoy!