Easy Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe. Fresh strawberries are combined with sugar, pectin, and a little water to make this easy and delicious freezer jam!
A few things I love:
- Easy recipes
- Fresh strawberries
This recipe combines them both!
I didn’t realize how simple jam can be to make. It only takes a few simple ingredients and you get an amazing:
Strawberry Freezer Jam Recipe
Spreading fresh homemade jam on a piece of warm buttered toast is heaven. The tiny bits of fresh fruit slightly sweetened by sugar makes the perfect combination.
Can we agree it is the best way to start the day? Slather it on bread or top a buttery biscuit! You just can not go wrong.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
How long will strawberry jam keep?
This is the one question I get regularly. How long will strawberry jam keep or how long is strawberry jam good for?
In the refrigerator freezer jam will last one week.
In the freezer it will last one year.
TIP: If you aren’t planning on eating the jam quickly I suggest to store the jam in small containers. Pull one out of the freezer when ready to use.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, crushed
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (1.7oz) package dry pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine the strawberries and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the pectin and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Stir boiling water mixture over the berries. Stir and allow to sit 5 minutes.
- Transfer to freezer safe containers. Allow to cool completely. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
This method was taught to me by one of my readers. Thank you Jen!