Did you know you can make cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker? This super simple breakfast recipe uses only one ingredient and ready in under 15! Warm toasty waffles filled with sweet cinnamon and topped with a sweet glaze. You cannot go wrong with this treat!
Love waffles? Honestly, me too! Be sure to try a few of my other favorites: Banana Bread Waffles, Blueberry Waffles, and Perfect Belgian Waffles!
This post was originally published May 21, 2012. It has since been updated to include fresh photos and helpful tips.
- 1 Ingredient: You only need ONE can of cinnamon rolls for this recipe. That’s IT!
- 10-Minute Recipe: Each roll takes about 1 minute to make, so if you are working with a single waffle iron you’re looking at breakfast ready in less than ten minutes!
- Breakfast or Dessert: These are a great quick breakfast or sweet finish to a meal.
This is one of the VERY first recipes I posted to my website and still one of our favorites. I had no idea that you could use so many things inside of a waffle iron, but it turns out there are nearly endless possibilities. One of my favorites? Cinnamon rolls!
Everyone loves this cinnamon roll waffle recipe. It’s one of those quick breakfast ideas that is always a crowd pleaser. Serve as the main dish or a side to your savory favorites!
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
One ingredient. We like to use the traditional size of Pillsbury canned cinnamon rolls, but really this recipe works with almost any brand.
- Cinnamon Rolls: Pick your favorite canned cinnamon roll. The smaller sizes will work best. They cook quickly and get perfectly crisp. Larger rolls, like the Trader Joe’s Jumbo Rolls, take a few minutes longer.
- Baking Spray: These will stick to your waffle iron if you don’t use some sort of baking spray. I use Joy baking spray, which adds a delightful buttery flavor.
- Waffle Iron : A Waffle Iron (affiliate) is key for this recipe! If you are a waffle lover like me then you will want to make sure to have one in your kitchen.
- Icing Spatula : You can always use a butter knife (affiliate) when spreading your icing but my all time favorite would be an Icing Spatula (affiliate). They are amazing and make it so easy to spread your icing!
- Serving plate : Serving plates (affiliate) are a staple in our home, when making breakfast for more than one it will make it so much easier to bring over all your food for your family can dig in!
Can You Put Canned Cinnamon Roll Dough In A Waffle Maker?
Something to keep in mind before you start, each cinnamon roll will take a different amount of time to cook based on their thickness. Check at one minute and continue to cook if needed.
- PREP: Heat the waffle iron according to its directions.
- COOK: Open the package of cinnamon rolls. Place the icing to the side for later. Lightly mist the inside of the maker and place one cinnamon roll on the bottom. Close the lid, pressing firmly to make sure the dough is pressed down. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cinnamon roll is lightly browned on both sides. Carefully remove the cinnamon roll from the maker and repeat with the remaining rolls.
- FROST: Remove the metal lid covering the frosting and discard. Heat the frosting in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and drizzle across the tops of the waffles.
So there you have it! A fun and slightly fancy breakfast that is ready in under ten minutes! Heating the frosting is a tip I learned back in high school. I do this with regular cinnamon rolls as well. They get evenly coated and you don’t have to fuss with a knife!
Yes! You can cook canned cinnamon rolls in a waffle maker! It’s super simple and everything cooks in under two minutes!
The two best ways to keep your waffle iron from sticking are to use cooking oil or to let the waffle iron cool down slightly between cooking.
This is such a loaded question. I feel like there are so many delicious canned cinnamon rolls out there. Our personal favorites are Pillsbury or Trader Joe’s.
The best way to serve these is as a side to something more savory, like scrambled eggs and bacon, or with a bowl of fresh fruit.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- 1 can cinnamon roll dough with frosting
- Heat the waffle iron according to its directions.
- Open the package of cinnamon rolls. Place the icing to the side for later. Lightly mist the inside of the maker and place one cinnamon roll on the bottom. Close the lid, pressing firmly to make sure the dough is pressed down.
- Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cinnamon roll is lightly browned on both sides. Carefully remove the cinnamon roll from the maker and repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Remove the metal lid covering the frosting and discard. Heat the frosting in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds and drizzle across the tops of the waffles.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
What a great idea! Thanks for sharing!