This Coconut Banana Bread is a fun fresh take on a classic. The added tart lime glaze paired with toasted coconut gives you a tropical flavor that will quickly become a family favorite!
Banana bread is such a classic dessert.
My grandma would always make the very best. Occasionally she would add a cup or so of diced pineapple. It gave the bread the most amazing tropical flavor.
I dream about that bread.
Unfortunately, my kiddo is less of a pineapple fan. He does LOVE coconut. Which is where this recipe came from:
Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
This bread is simply amazing.
The added coconut pieces and sweet coconut glaze gives the bread a little boost of flavor that is out of this world.
It is moist, light, and baked perfection. Follow the tips below to get the best out of your banana bread recipe!
How to make moist banana bread:
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature. This include the butter and eggs. Having all of the ingredients room temp helps them blend better as you mix the batter.
- Do not over mix the batter. This means you should hand mix. If you can avoid it, do not use an electric mixer. If you have no alternative, you can set your mixer to low speed. Mix your ingredients until just combined.
Can you substitute brown sugar for white in banana bread?
Yep. You definitely can. Use a 1 to 1 ratio when substituting. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar you could use 1 cup of brown sugar.
However, you should be aware that brown sugar contains molasses which means it could potentially change the texture of your baked goods.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
How to make Coconut Banana Bread:
Coconut Banana Bread
For the bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut we prefer sweetened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan or mini bundt with cooking spray and set aside.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until fluffy. Add the eggs, bananas, sour cream, coconut milk and extracts. Stir until combined.
Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and pour into your prepared pan.
Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the glaze:
Whisk together all of the glaze ingredients. Spread over your cooled bread and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
Pin for later: