This is the best recipe for Grape Jelly Meatballs. Made stovetop OR in a slow cooker for the perfect party appetizer. Great for holidays, game day, or any celebration you have planned.
- Quick and Easy: Thanks to the use of frozen meatballs, it takes less than 5 minutes to prepare this appetizer.
- Minimal Ingredients: You only need 3 main ingredients plus a few basic spices!
- Crock Pot Ready: Make it stove top OR toss all of the ingredients into a slow cooker for a quick appetizer!
Jelly meatballs are definitely a recipe I was not prepared for. Jelly mixed with chili sauce never even crossed my mind as a delicious combo. Except, it is DELICIOUS. Perfect for any family function, potluck, or holiday dinner!
The best way to describe the flavor is almost like barbecue sauce with a little sweet kick. Irresistible and seriously SO good on these meatballs. Serve with toothpicks or forks for the easiest quick grab appetizer.
GRAPE JELLY MEATBALL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
I love how simple this appetizer is. You really only need three ingredients, but I like to add a dash of spice with red pepper flakes and cayenne. It is the perfect compliment to this insanely easy dish. Here is what you will need to get started:
- Meatballs: You can go the extra mile and make homemade meatballs, however we find that frozen meatballs work just as well! They take away a lot of that extra prep time and give you a delicious finished snack.
- Jelly: Grape jelly is the only flavor I recommend using. Any brand will work!
- Chili Sauce: Chili sauce is almost like a spicy ketchup. It is SO good and an underrated condiment. The spice compliments the sweetness of the jelly better than anything else.
- Red Pepper Flakes and Cayenne: To help combat the sweetness, I like to add just a pinch of spice.
HOW TO MAKE MEATBALLS WITH GRAPE JELLY
- PREP: Gather all of the ingredients. This has to be one of the easiest recipes to prep.
- POUR: Pour the meatballs into a pot. Top with the jelly, chili sauce, and spices if using.
- STIR: Mix everything well until the meatballs are coated completely.
- HEAT: Bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- SERVE: Enjoy! It really is that simple.
- Slow Cooker: One of the things I love about this appetizer is that you can even make it in the slow cooker (affiliate)! Set it and forget it!
- Silicone Spatulas: One of the most useful kitchen tools. Silicone Spatulas (affiliate) come in a set and are heat resistant, which make them ideal for cooking and baking.
- Toothpicks: For an elegant display try serving these with party toothpicks (affiliate). They’re a smidge longer and look elegant.
Absolutely. Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2.
Make sure to stir occasionally.
Yes. Add all of the ingredients to a large dish, stir, and bake covered for 20 minutes at 325 degrees. Test and add 5-10 minutes if the meatballs aren’t cooked through.
Of course! We actually really enjoy these on top of white rice or mashed potatoes.
No. You can skip the chili sauce if you don’t love spicy and these will still taste delicious.
You can use any of your favorite meatballs. We like to use homemade or frozen homestyle meatballs. However, a friend recently told me she loves to use turkey meatballs.
Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 2 (26 oz) bags of frozen meatballs fully cooked
- 2 cups grape jelly
- 1 (12oz) jar chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Pour the meatballs into a pot. Top with the jelly, chili sauce, and spices if using.
- Mix everything well until the meatballs are coated completely.
- Bring to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Enjoy! It really is that simple.
Make sure to stir occasionally.