This easy raspberry overnight oats recipe is the perfect go-to breakfast. Ideal for busy weekdays and meal prep! Bonus? Easy to customize.
Overnight oats have quickly become my obsession. They are so quick to put together and an ideal breakfast meal prep recipe. They are also incredibly simple to customize.
This version is one of our current favorites. It’s filled with fresh raspberries which pair so well with any mix-in items you decide on. Personal favorites are coconut or almond milk and sliced almonds!
- Make-Ahead: This is the best meal prep breakfast.
- Quick and Easy: It takes me less than 10 minutes to prep these oatmeal’s.
- Extra Filling: Adding chia seeds and yogurt gives you a bonus boost of filling protein.
What You Need
You don’t need anything fancy for this recipe. In fact, if you have oatmeal and milk- you are basically ready to go. The other items are add-in’s that give you a more filling and flavor packed meal.
- Rolled Oats
- Chia Seeds
What type of oats to use in overnight oats?
I want to start with a quick run down of the type of oats you should use. There are three varieties you will most likely see in the stores; Rolled (old fashioned), steel cut, and quick oats.
Use rolled oats (old fashioned) for this recipe. Rolled oats soak up just enough of the liquid to be soft, but not mush. Quick oats tend to do the latter. They aren’t dense enough to keep from turning to gooey paste. Steel cut, on the other hand, stay more stiff and have a rougher texture.
Step by Step Instructions
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, yogurt, milk, and honey in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Divide half of the mixture into the bottom of two mason jars or sealable containers.
- Mash the raspberries with a fork. Divide evenly between the two jars, creating a middle filling layer.
- Top with the remaining oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days.
Tips and FAQs
- Invest in quality jars. You want to use something with a secure lid. I use mason jars, because it is what I have on hand.
- Don’t be afraid to play around with flavors. Use a fun yogurt mix-in, switch up your milk, or toss in some nut butter!
- I like to keep frozen fruit on hand. It is PERFECT for overnight oats.
- Overnight oats last roughly 5 days in the refrigerator. That means you could prep your entire work week!
Best milk to use in overnight oats:
Ready for something crazy? You REALLY cannot go wrong with any milk or water. The key to a great overnight oat is to keep the ratio 1:1. You want equal parts oats to liquid. We went ahead and tested a few different varieties for you. Here is our top favorites.
- Vanilla almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Unflavored almond milk
- Soy Milk
- 2% milk
What can I add to my overnight oats?
When I first started making this recipe I found myself hungry sooner than I had hoped. Luckily, with a lot of trial and error, I have found a few amazing mix-in’s that can easily add protein and goodness to the meal! Here is a list of items we love to add to our oatmeal:
- Chia seeds
- Nut butter
The beauty of this recipe is that it gives you a base to start with. You can be creative with whatever you have on hand and come up with wonderful oatmeal mixes!
How long do overnight oats last?
Overnight oats can last up to five days if stored properly in the refrigerator and depending on the freshness off the ingredients used.
- Beginner Guide to Overnight Oats
- Cinnamon Crunch Granola
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- The Best Baked Oatmeal
Raspberry Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk*
- 1-2 tablespoons honey optional
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1. Combine the oats, chia seeds, yogurt, milk, and honey in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- 2. Divide half of the mixture into the bottom of two mason jars or sealable containers.
- 3. Mash the raspberries with a fork. Divide evenly between the two jars, creating a middle filling layer.
- 4. Top with the remaining oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Leave a Review!