This is the Best Baked Oatmeal Recipe. Made with nutritious oats, cinnamon and milk for the perfect base to your favorite add-ins like fruit and nuts! A go-to for busy mornings when I need something filling and delicious.
Searching for more healthy breakfast recipes? I have 12+ Oat inspired dishes on the site, but a few favorites that you must try are my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Raspberry Overnight Oats, Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe , Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
- Family Favorite: Not only is this a quick breakfast idea, it also is loved by everyone in our home, even the picky eater!
- Quick and Easy: Combining the ingredients into one dish and baking makes this incredibly easy to make.
- Easy to Customize: Use your favorite milk, different fruits, or baking spices to jazz up the flavor.
This is easily the BEST baked oatmeal recipe. It’s simple to make and the perfect start to your day, no matter the season! This is breakfast comfort food at it’s finest, and a recipe that no one can resist.
Even my pickiest eater requests this on our regular menu rotation, and I don’t feel too bad about whipping it up. It will keep you full all morning and can be loaded with fruit for a more healthy start.
What Is Baked Oatmeal?
This recipe is exactly what the title says, oatmeal that is baked instead of cooked stove top. Often referred to as amish baked oatmeal, this recipe combines oats with a custard type liquid giving you the most incredible soft and fluffy breakfast bake. The texture is nothing like the microwave packets we’ve all grown to love, but more like a spongy cake.
Best topped with a splash of milk or cream and your favorite berries, this recipe is sure to become a family favorite. AND, like overnight oats, you can even make it ahead of time!
Baked Oatmeal Breakfast
I really wanted these baked oats without banana added in. While I personally love the fruit, it’s not one that goes over well with my teen. I opted to use sugar as a sweetener, which can be substituted. Everything else called for are basic kitchen staples, which means you can start this recipe NOW!
- Quick Cooking Oats: Rolled oats won’t soak up as much of the egg and milk mixture, leaving you with a slightly tougher finish.
- Brown Sugar: Optionally, you can substitute this with maple syrup. We prefer the traditional brown sugar oatmeal flavor.
- Baking Powder and Salt: Be sure to double check the expiration date of the baking powder. Using fresh ingredients will make a difference.
- Cinnamon– Just a dash goes a long way in boosting the flavor.
- Eggs: Large eggs give structure to the filling, and help provide that light sponge cake texture.
- Milk: 2% is our go-to, however you could always substitute this for your favorite milk variety.
- Butter: Another optional, but extremely tasty addition.
- Blueberries (or other fruit)- Bake the fruit right in to the oats or offer them as a topping. We like to do the latter, since we all prefer different fruits in our breakfast, but nothing beats a blueberry baked oatmeal.
How to Make Oatmeal in the Oven
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and mist a 9×13 pan with baking spray.
- MIX: Stir together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, 1 cup milk, melted butter, and blueberries and spread into the prepared pan.
- BAKE: Bake the mixture for 40 minutes, or until the center is set and the oats do not jiggle.
- SERVE: Serve with a sprinkle of sugar, additional milk, or fresh fruit!
Follow the recipe above, adding 1/4 cup additional milk to the mixture.
Divide the oats into a cooking spray misted 12 cup cupcake tray.
Bake 20 minutes, or until the center has set.
This is a huge time saver in the mornings. When you need a quick, filling, and somewhat healthy dish… All you need to do is stick this in the microwave and you are ready to chow!
1. Spoon your cooked oatmeal into freezer safe bags. Squeeze as much air as possible out and seal shut.
2. Label with the recipe name and date. Frozen oatmeal will stay fresh up to 6 months in the freezer.
3. When you are ready to eat your oatmeal – Transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals until warm.
Bake the oats according to the recipe. Let the leftovers cool completely then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. When ready to eat, simply heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and serve topped with milk.
It can be, yes. It all depends on your add-in options and substitutions.
Absolutely, however I suggest adding just a 1/4 cup more milk to the mixture. Mix as directed and pour into the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Bake as directed.
More Must-Try Oat Recipes
- Homemade Maple and Brown Sugar Oats
- Cinnamon Crunch Granola
- Pumpkin Pie Granola Recipe
- Banana Bread Granola
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Bars
- Best Vanilla Granola
Must-Try Granola Recipes
Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk*
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup blueberries optional
- Additional milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mist a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, 1 cup milk, melted butter, and blueberries in a large bowl.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Serve with additional sugar or milk as desired
How to Make Baked Oatmeal Muffins
- Follow the recipe above, adding 1/4 cup additional milk to the mixture.
- Divide the oats into a cooking spray misted 12 cup cupcake tray.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until the center has set.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @1sweetappetite and follow pinterest for more!
Comments & Reviews
Made this for breakfast this morning. I was VERY happy with how it turned out! We substituted strawberries for blueberries because that is what I had on hand. Will try it out with blueberries next time for sure!
This looks delicious! I am pinning – I love oatmeal so I can’t wait to try it this way.
If you freeze them, what is the best way to reheat them?
I just placed two frozen discs in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and pour the milk over.
I will be making a batch of these today. They are so delish-I had a sample! Thanks Jess!