Try this easy Baked Oatmeal Recipe for a fun morning treat! It is perfect to serve with your favorite fruit mixed in! Try blueberries or bananas for my favorite versions.
I do not know what it is about baked oatmeal that makes it so a-maz-ing. Maybe it is the combination of warm cooked oats, fresh berries, and cinnamon?
I recently decided to remake this recipe and cannot believe how much I still love it. It tastes exactly like an oatmeal cookie. Which wins MAJOR points with my kiddo.
This is the ULTIMATE baked oatmeal recipe with blueberries! Top with a handful of berries, drizzle with a little maple syrup, and you have the most amazing breakfast or brunch recipe.
- Family Favorite: This recipe is loved by all!
- Quick and Easy: Baking the oatmeal makes it so simple to make!
- Easy to Customize: Switch up the different fruits and spices for fun variations!
What You’ll Need:
You don’t need much to make this filling breakfast treat! Everything should be pantry or fridge staples!
- Quick cooking oats
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Blueberries (or other fruit)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, 1 cup milk, melted butter, and blueberries in a large bowl. Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Serve with additional sugar or milk as desired
Tips and FAQs:
Quick Oats VS Rolled:
We’ve made this recipe a few different times using both versions. We find that quick oats cook a little better and give you a wonderful texture.
How to freeze cooked oatmeal:
Another bonus to this dish is that you can FREEZE it. Can I get a hallelujah?
This is a huge time savor in the mornings. When you need a quick, filling, and somewhat healthy dish… All you need to do is stick this in the microwave and you are ready to chow!
- Spoon your cooked oatmeal into freezer safe bags. Squeeze as much air as possible out and seal shut.
- Label with the recipe name and date. Frozen oatmeal will stay fresh up to 6 months in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat your oatmeal – Transfer to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals until warm.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk*
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries, optional
- Additional milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mist a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix your oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, eggs, 1 cup milk, melted butter, and blueberries if using in a large bowl. Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set in the middle. Serve with additional sugar or milk as desired.
*We really like to use coconut milk in this recipe but you can use any variety.
Pin for later: