This post was updated on by
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie. Thanksgiving just got easier with this incredibly simple slow cooker recipe! Mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, spices, and pour into a crust for the perfect pie recipe!
If you know me, you know I am obsessed with anything that makes my life easier. This recipe does just that. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I always love to bring some of those classic dishes to the table, but get a little overwhelmed in all of the prep.
Using my slow cooker to whip up some of the staples has made things run 100 times smoother! Our new favorite slow cooker recipe?
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Recipe
You read that right. I made pumpkin pie in my slow cooker.
How? Glad you asked.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Ingredients:
All of the ingredients in the recipe are what you would see in a typical pumpkin pie recipe. Be sure you pick up pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. Super important to make sure you do not mix up the two.
- Pie crust
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Pumpkin puree
- Evaporated milk
How to make pie in a slow cooker:
- Line your slow cooker with parchment paper.
- Roll out an unbaked crust onto the parchment.
- Fill with your favorite pie filling.
- Slow cook to perfection.
Be sure to read the tips section of the recipe. My slow cooker is a little bit older and took a few more minutes to bake. My mom has a newer version that halved the time. Keep a close eye on your pie and you shouldn’t have any problems.
Tips for this recipe:
- Be sure to line your slow cooker with parchment paper. This will ensure that you are able to remove the pie from the cooker once it has completed baking.
- Check your pie frequently to avoid burning.
- Our slow cooker cooked perfectly at 4 hours. We tested in a few other slow cookers and had varying results. Check your pie frequently.
Like this recipe? You will love my
Check at 3 hours to avoid burning. Our slow cooker cooked perfectly at 4 hours. We tested in a few other slow cookers and had varying results. Check your pie frequently.
Check at 3 hours to avoid burning.
Our slow cooker cooked perfectly at 4 hours. We tested in a few other slow cookers and had varying results. Check your pie frequently.