This post is brought to you by OXO. It’s beginning to smell a lot like pumpkin in my house. Mostly because I just whipped up a batch of these amazing pumpkin spiced cookies and topped them with a dreamy vanilla frosting. These little bites of goodness are not going to last long in our home! Ok, so it’s mainly because I plan to give a bunch to family, but we would happily devour them all in one sitting.
Before we dive right in I want to let you know why these specific cookies are so very important. Yes, they are PUMPKIN and satisfy all of your fall flavor needs, but there is something else that you don’t know. These baked treats are a part of OXO‘s Bake a Difference campaign in support of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, a non-profit organization founded by two OXO employees. During the month of September, OXO is donating $100 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for every blog post that is dedicated to this campaign.
I’d say that makes these a little extra delicious. OXO is also donating 25 cents per specially marked item in support of pediatric cancer as part of its $100,000 pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers! You can view eligible products here. Which means YOU can help!
You start with the basic cookie ingredients like flour, baking soda, salt… Once you’ve got everything combined, and your dough is looking a little more pumpkin like, you’ve got two options. You can get creative and pipe little rosettes like this:
Or you can stick with a more traditional round shape like the ones below. I like to use a cookie scoop to keep things nice and even.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the frosting:
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons vanilla coffee creamer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment or silicone mats.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and pumpkin in the bowl of your electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pipe or spoon your dough onto your prepared sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or lightly browned around the edges.
- While you cookies are cooling whisk together the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and coffee creamer until you get the desired consistency. Spread over your cooled cookies and enjoy.