This post was updated on by
This easy baked bean chili recipe comes together quickly and is only SIX ingredients! Hearty, filling, and a fantastic 30 minute dinner recipe!
I am a sucker for easy 30 minute meals. Especially when they are filled with filling and hearty ingredients like this chili.
It ranks high on the list of our family favorites. In fact, if I was put on the spot and had to share a recipe we make frequently, this would be it. Over the last few years I can comfortably say we have made this over a dozen times. It is my husbands go-to request and tastes incredible. Did I mention it is also only six ingredients??
Baked Bean and Beef Chili
I know what you are thinking… Baked beans in a chili?? Is that girl crazy?? I will stop you right there and reassure you that I am not and that this recipe is to-die-for! Along with making this at home, we once made it for a large group while camping. Everyone agreed that the smokey flavor you get from the baked beans added just the right touch. Top things off with some fresh chopped onion and shredded cheese and you will never make another chili recipe again!
Six Ingredient Chili Ingredients:
- Ground Beef
- Baked Beans
- Diced Tomatoes with Chilies (Rotel)
- Tomato Juice
- Chili Seasoning
Best toppings for chili:
While we love the simplicity of this recipe, we also loooooove loading it up with additional toppings. Here are a few of our favorite ways to spice things up!
- Hot Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Onion
- Sour Cream
- Corn Chips
- Tortilla Chips
Also, if you are not afraid of a little salt, try Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning. We like it on almost everything, but especially this chili.
How to make chili with baked beans:
Add your ground beef and onion in a large preheated skillet. Cook until the meat is browned and the onion is soft.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, or any of your other favorite chili toppings!
Here are a few tips if you plan on making this for a camping trip. Before you head into the great outdoors…
- Prep a little a head of time by chopping your onions and dividing your canned goods into Ziploc bags.
- Pacific Products come in easy open pouches which means you don’t need a can opener and they pack great, or open you can before you leave and transfer to an easy to open container.
Like this recipe? You will love my:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 13.6 oz containers Organic Pacific Foods Baked Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- Add your ground beef and onion in a large preheated skillet. Cook until the meat is browned and the onion is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onions, or any of your other favorite chili toppings!
*Chop your onions before you leave for your camping trip for even easier prep when you get outdoors! * Pacific foods easy open containers are ideal for hiking and camping. No can opener required!